ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

April Photography Competition Voting Thread

And the winner is...

Votes: 6 7.8%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 4 5.2%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 2 2.6%

Votes: 22 28.6%

Votes: 5 6.5%

Votes: 29 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
For this month NickMelson has picked the following theme:

Shadows

Please pick the picture you find the best BASED ON THIS THEME! Voting closes in 3 days. (5th May)

It's all to play for this month, with a bag of Haribo up for grabs to the winner, so chose your winner carefully!

If your picture isn't below, it is because it wasn't clearly marked as an entry in the original thread.

blahh.jpg

5643036326_76b50d21ce_z.jpg

cde2f111.jpg

5632538645_2e5171a5b2.jpg

5607646831_52ce159733_z.jpg

5656738735_07624ecdb5.png

5658921195_a639806e80_b.jpg

clouds.jpg

5669951946_a64406506e.jpg

5649984919_70684feb27_z.png

227565_10150576295525405_509225404_18218930_7156758_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
at the bottom of the white water, i posted it before i read the theme. lol. was suprised it was allowed

8 is a great shot to be fair, was a tough month in comparison to March where there was over double the entries to this month!

Evo 8 FQ300
Well my shadow of me tiger wasnt placed in here and b4 u say it other ones that r here didnt place ENTRY on there photos only 5 or so i have counted .......

Fiesta ST-3
Well my shadow of me tiger wasnt placed in here and b4 u say it other ones that r here didnt place ENTRY on there photos only 5 or so i have counted .......

Hactually I've just looked and all the photos entered above have stated that their specific photo is their entry. Yours did not and the rules clearly state you must state which is your entry.

Evo 8 FQ300
Hactually I've just looked and all the photos entered above have stated that their specific photo is their entry. Yours did not and the rules clearly state you must state which is your entry.

Well the entry rule is boll$$$$ why would i place it there else lol

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well the entry rule is boll$$$$ why would i place it there else lol

In fairness it says in jenics post in the original thread in big bold letters you need to mark your photo as an entry.

Anyway lesson learnt so stop moaning ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very close for the lead with 8/10!

I went 8, just sometimes you capture a shot out of the blue like that, simply fantastic.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had a few I would of chose from, probably a few better ones than I entered but had to throw one on at the last minute as I got home from Malta on Friday morning and went camping on Friday evening lol

I just went with mine with it being Easter :)

Well at least 10 does use the theme, the majority of the others don't have any real connection to 'shadow', just that they have a shadow somewhere in them. But most photos will have a shadow in them due to the nature of photography!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Revels - what Dan said really TBH, I think it's more along the theme even than my own :eek:

Fiesta ST-3
TBF I'd like to think the photography competition is open to all people whether they have a 3k DSLR or a phone camera.

If it's always judged on the quality photography and not the image in regards to the competition and the thought/effort put in by someone, then someone with a camera phone will never beat someone with an expensive DSLR.

People can have an interest in photography but not the budget to support it. I know that's not the case with myself and I agree it was hardly the hardest shot in the world but this isn't a competition for the worlds best picture, it's a photo competition on a Clio forum.

I'm not that concerned if it wins or not, in fact it can be removed if need be. I just do photography for the enjoyment.

If it's always judged on the quality photography and not the image in regards to the competition and the thought/effort put in by someone, then someone with a camera phone will never beat someone with an expensive DSLR.

That's where you are completely wrong. Equipment does come into it to a certain degree but this is a photography competition so that's to be expected. If I gave BillyBob from the street £10k's worth of SLR/lens, would he take a better shot than Dan with a D40 and a kit lens? Of course not. It comes down to talent.

You aren't a bad photographer, I remember your Cup shots at night etc etc. But this shot is not one of your best and I'd have been massively embarrassed to put that into a competition, regardless of theme.

People should vote based on the best picture that fits the theme. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm singling you out, but I've held off saying something for a few months now but this was kinda the straw that broke the camels back. This competition used to be a decent standard but now it feels like a free-for-all.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
We were wanting to produce a yearly calendar with some really good quality images in there from this competition but the standard as of late has been piss poor. This is one of the reasons we can't do POTM like other clubs.

Fiesta ST-3
That's where you are completely wrong. Equipment does come into it to a certain degree but this is a photography competition. If I gave BillyBob from the street £10k's worth of SLR/lens, would he take a better shot than Dan with a D40 and a kit lens? Of course not. It comes down to talent.

You aren't a bad photographer, I remember your Cup shots at night etc etc. But this shot is not one of your best and I'd have been massively embarrassed to put that into a competition, regardless of theme.

People should vote based on the best picture that fits the theme. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm singling you out, but I've held off saying something for a few months now but this was kinda the straw that broke the camels back. This competition used to be a decent standard but now it feels like a free-for-all.

I'm not embarrassed to place it in the competition as it was a laugh and I know I can take better shots. I also have no problem at the bar being raised for entries as I will strive to improve my photography. But if that's the way the competitions are to be run I think it should be stipulated in the rules for future competitions or maybe some sort of vetting set in place so only quality images get considered?

I for one enjoy my photography and would have no problem meeting certain set criteria.

If I vetted them, it would cause a boat load of moaning. 'Where's my pic?' 'Why aren't I included?' People can't read the simple rules as it is.

I'd let 2, possibly 3 of those into the comp. The rest would be filed under 'bin'

Tbh...this was a bit of a vague theme, which hasn't helped this situation.

Maybe more thought should go into the themes, so that they encourage creativity, originality etc.