ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The new iPhone fast charges but you have to buy a special lightening lead for fast charging to work

CBR1000RR Fireblade

£75 on top of the already over priced handset is an absolute joke.

Apple are clever, they know the idiots in their masses will fork out ££££'s for old tech.

I predict their bubble will burst soon. I think they do too, hence the overly inflated handset cost so that they can cash in while they still can

Apple tax y0

White APE
Anyone else having issues with the speakers. I’m now only getting sound out of the ear piece speaker. Nothing at all from the speaker at the bottom by the lightning port. Yes I know the left one isn’t a speaker.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Has anyone ordered there X from EE and had a delivery confirmation for the release day?

A lad at work has booked the Friday off and is now flapping that he hasn't received his email yet and isn't sure he will get the phone on my time.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone ordered there X from EE and had a delivery confirmation for the release day?

A lad at work has booked the Friday off and is now flapping that he hasn't received his email yet and isn't sure he will get the phone on my time.
Up to 14 days for me.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Within the first half hour I'd say.
Then in the afternoon they emailed with a serial number to quote on the phone to discuss my order, and that's when the bloke confirmed <14days.

Lad at work ordered in the first 10 mins, however it turns out they messed his order up and he now has 2 reference numbers one for Friday and another for a 21 day delivery both of which are currently pending.

Glad I bought through apple rather than going through the rigmarole of phone providers.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
4ffcf545d32c93d6fc1cb68a26064b71.jpg

Does this seem like a good deal?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I looked at the EE prices last night - the "best seller" was an £80 per month contract ... £80!!

Crazy money

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Managed to get this deal earlier. £199 upfront and £56 per month for the 64gb X

52bebc360e197f0c036187f957f676c7.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a solid question!!

How do I login to my banking apps or any other apps that I use Touch ID.

HSBC as an example?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if hsbc are adopting Face ID or if it just gets transferred over just because it’s a replacement for Touch ID.

Guess you can test hat one out for me

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I reckon from the app side the API will be almost the exact same, it'll just ask the system to verify the user except the text in app will say face ID rather than touch... probably...maybe

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if hsbc are adopting Face ID or if it just gets transferred over just because it’s a replacement for Touch ID.

Guess you can test hat one out for me

I reckon from the app side the API will be almost the exact same, it'll just ask the system to verify the user except the text in app will say face ID rather than touch... probably...maybe
I'll let you know on Friday at some point boys!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There were no bloody issues. All just bullshit hearsay from android owners.

Not quite; taken from The Verge review...

The good news is that Face ID mostly works great. The bad news is that sometimes it doesn’t, and you will definitely have to adjust the way you think about using your phone to get it to a place where it mostly works great.

You also can’t be too casual about it: I had a lot of problems pulling the iPhone X out of my pocket and having it fail to unlock until Apple clarified that Face ID works best at a distance of 25 to 50 centimeters away from your face, or about 10 to 20 inches. That’s closer than I usually hold my phone when I pull it out of my pocket to check something, which means I had to actively think about holding the iPhone X closer to my face than every other phone I’ve ever used. “You’re holding it wrong” is a joke until it isn’t, and you can definitely hold the iPhone X wrong.

That’s a small problem, though, and I think it’ll be easy to get used to. The other problem is actually much more interesting: almost all of the early questions about Face ID centered around how it would work in the dark, but it turns out that was exactly backwards. Face ID works great in the dark, because the IR projector is basically a flashlight, and flashlights are easy to see in the dark. But go outside in bright sunlight, which contains a lot of infrared light, or under crappy florescent lights, which interfere with IR, and Face ID starts to get a little inconsistent.

I took a walk outside our NYC office in bright sunlight, and Face ID definitely had issues recognizing my face consistently while I was moving until I went into shade or brought the phone much closer to my face than usual. I also went to the deli across the street, which has a wide variety of lights inside, including a bunch of overhead florescent strips, and Face ID also got significantly more inconsistent.

I’ve asked Apple about this, and I’ll update this review with their answers along with more detailed test results, but for now I’d say Face ID definitely works well enough to replace Touch ID, but not so well that you won’t run into the occasional need to try again.

Recent Apple products have tended to demand people adapt to them instead of being adapted to people, and it was hard not to think about that as I stood in the sunlight, waving a thousand-dollar phone ever closer to my face.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Verge were not happy with their one. Did you see how many times it took them to unlock it sometimes?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
@AdDaMan Can you please let me know when you get your dispatch email assuming your ordered direct through Apple?

Should be today from memory.

172 Cup
I was told my X would be delivered 14 days from Saturday, now it’s been pushed back to the 17th [emoji24]