ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 8/X

133T
The latest update has completely broken my 6S

Battery last 3 hours tops, phone crashes 2/3 times a day and keeps freezing as well as apps not opening.

I’ve no idea what’s going on with apple lately but they’re really upsetting myself and a lot of other die hard apple fans.

I never thought I’d be contemplating an android device with me having iPhones, a Mac book air and an Apple TV but I think it’s time for a change.
Is this 11.0.1?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Tbh, even on my 7, iOS 11 seems to have knackered it, battery has become terrible and constantly find myself having to reboot as things aren’t working properly. Eurgh, will have to get an X

133T

Battery last 3 hours tops, phone crashes 2/3 times a day and keeps freezing as well as apps not opening.

I’ve no idea what’s going on with apple lately but they’re really upsetting myself and a lot of other die hard apple fans.

I never thought I’d be contemplating an android device with me having iPhones, a Mac book air and an Apple TV but I think it’s time for a change.
Is this 11.0.1?
Oh man. This ones fixed a lot of s**t I was dealing with since 11.

An orange one
Why do people feel compelled to upgrade every bit of software Apple release??

My 6S is still on ios9 and works away fine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why do people feel compelled to upgrade every bit of software Apple release??

My 6S is still on ios9 and works away fine.

I’ve learnt this now, I just do one up from its original iOS, so my 7 won’t get iOS 12 installed when it comes out.

SQ5
Well my battery has now started to annoy me, it’s been getting progressively worse. Need to get an 8 quickly I think!

9e5d3945fa585e055b8e70f601438891.jpg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Well my battery has now started to annoy me, it’s been getting progressively worse. Need to get an 8 quickly I think!

View attachment 1338211
That is deeply impressive, I was getting annoyed at 3 hours of usage. I always find stuff like multitasking and control centre is really laggy on the older hardware which makes using it pretty grim

SQ5
That is deeply impressive, I was getting annoyed at 3 hours of usage. I always find stuff like multitasking and control centre is really laggy on the older hardware which makes using it pretty grim

Yea it’s knackered, I watched it this afternoon countdown from 47 to 36 percent in a matter of seconds.

Just got off phone to EE. Matched price on Apple selling monthly and ended up cheaper due to extra £5p/m line discount.

Currently paying £21.99 a month with unlimited and 10gb, iPhone 6 was bought from Apple 3 years ago.

24 months finance with Apple it would be £975 @ £40.64p/m

New monthly contract is £57.99 so less £21.99 (although I’m now getting 25gb data) is £36.00 p/m plus £29.99 up front.

So £893.99 for a new IPhone 8 256gb isn’t bad going through a contract in my opinion. Will also be here tomorrow.

Not bothered by the X due to face ID and Touch ID working so well, I was tempted by a plus as I love using them but too big for my pocket and I don’t own a man bag.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Really enjoying the iPhone 8, coming from an iPhone 6.

If I had a 6S or a 7 I probably wouldn't have bothered, but lots of new features for me on this one. It's also blisteringly quick!

I'm hoping that in 2 years time they've put edge to edge displays on all their devices and the cost has come down. I can't stomach paying £1,000 for a mobile phone; that's good laptop money.

White APE
Picked up an 8 today. My 6 was dying. Had to charge it twice today, it was randomly dropping 20% when you open an app, then turn off. Charged it once at 17%, after 3 mins it was 54%.

Liking it so far. Glass is slippy if it’s on anything but a flat surface.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine just gets a 20 min top up in the car twice everyday seems to work well, currently 8hrs usage and 16 on stand by.

SQ5
Really enjoying the iPhone 8, coming from an iPhone 6.

If I had a 6S or a 7 I probably wouldn't have bothered, but lots of new features for me on this one. It's also blisteringly quick!

I'm hoping that in 2 years time they've put edge to edge displays on all their devices and the cost has come down. I can't stomach paying £1,000 for a mobile phone; that's good laptop money.

Picked up an 8 today. My 6 was dying. Had to charge it twice today, it was randomly dropping 20% when you open an app, then turn off. Charged it once at 17%, after 3 mins it was 54%.

Liking it so far. Glass is slippy if it’s on anything but a flat surface.

Glad to hear this. I’ve just been doubting myself thinking I should of just got a 7 and saved £200.

I’m waiting until the Gen2 FaceID comes out like it did with Touch ID?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yet my 2 year old 6S is fine... runs quicker, doesn't crash and battery life is similar.

Listerine & Poledo
Finally sussed that, because I dont clear the 6s out enough, I can't download the iOS update yet.
Shame

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yet my 2 year old 6S is fine... runs quicker, doesn't crash and battery life is similar.

I took delivery of my S8 this morning. I’m still using my 6S as I haven’t had chance to migrate across yet.

I’m on my 3rd charge of the day after having my phone freeze twice last night and once this morning.

I’m glad everything is tip top for you buddy but for me, it’s a well welcomed change.

On a random note;

My 6S is the 16GB model. I’m a bit pushed for space on it. Just looked at my S8 and it’s 64GB but I also spent £9.99 on a Sandisk micro SD card.

Just like that I’ve gone from 16GB in my phone to 96GB

Pretty cool I think

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I took delivery of my S8 this morning. I’m still using my 6S as I haven’t had chance to migrate across yet.

I’m on my 3rd charge of the day after having my phone freeze twice last night and once this morning.

I’m glad everything is tip top for you buddy but for me, it’s a well welcomed change.

On a random note;

My 6S is the 16GB model. I’m a bit pushed for space on it. Just looked at my S8 and it’s 64GB but I also spent £9.99 on a Sandisk micro SD card.

Pretty cool I think
Still plenty of room for more too, you can go up to a 256gb micro sd

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I had a 128gb card a few years ago, never did fill it.

My iPhone 7 is the 128gb one and I’ve got 78gb free after a year. I really do wonder what people put on their phones to fill that much space.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

My iPhone 7 is the 128gb one and I’ve got 78gb free after a year. I really do wonder what people put on their phones to fill that much space.

This, I’ve got a 128gb iphone, with 4,000 pictures and 230 videos on. I’ve got 95gb of free space.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S

Just a butt load of photos, music and TV/films
F31BBCEF-BB45-42AE-922B-27F77D0C0522.png

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I need to get a micro sd for my S8, I filled up the 64gb within a few days, damn 3D p**n movies are about 5/6gb+ each

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A guy like yourself Richard will know to get the right class etc?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

On a random note;

Pretty cool I think
Seems to be hit & miss, ok for some, not for others, which makes me think it's hardware not just software?
Mine is a 64GB model, the 16GB one is too small, at least you have a cheap storage upgrade now.

SQ5
My 8 doesn’t even seem to be lasting a full day? I expected better from a new phone or it iOS 11 still causing issues?

Mail seems to be using a lot as a background activity

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it was 4 and a half hours screen time in the tests online.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My 8 doesn’t even seem to be lasting a full day? I expected better from a new phone or it iOS 11 still causing issues?

Mail seems to be using a lot as a background activity

That doesn't sound right. My 7 plus is on 11 and with 1hr 57 usage, 10hrs 49 minutes standby time I have 84% remaining?
I can batter mine all day/night and it'll last. With normal usage I charge mine every other night.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That doesn't sound right. My 7 plus is on 11 and with 1hr 57 usage, 10hrs 49 minutes standby time I have 84% remaining?
I can batter mine all day/night and it'll last. With normal usage I charge mine every other night.

The plus range has got a considerably bigger battery than the non-plus though, something like a third bigger, it's the one to have if you want decent battery life out of an iPhone.

The 8 apparently has slightly worse battery life than the 7 in all models because it has about a 10% smaller battery and the efficiency savings of the new CPU etc can't balance that out, so don't expect better battery life from an 8 unless your seven's battery is a bit clapped out.