ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

APD or Jam-Sport for matched inlets??

421 Cammed 172
As in the title who has the best track record on these?

The price different is only around £10 all in I believe so I'm not 100% sure who I wanna go for....

Thanks for any help.

421 Cammed 172
So basically there's nothing between them for workmanship etc?

They're to go on with the 421s, which reminds me I need to call you when I get the pin number for my CC through.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I can't comment on matched inlets, however, having used Jam-Sport for another product their customer service was brilliant tbh

421 Cammed 172
Ive got a dremel mate, But TBH I'm a bit too lazy to DIY it and i don't think the finish would be of equal standards....

RS 182 CUP
Depends on the time and effort you put into it, I can't justify paying over 100 when I can do it at home

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
if you dont mind waiting (a long time) then i suposed APD wouldnt be a bad choice.

bear in mind it took him 9 months to flow my cylinder head and cut some valve seats and a skim. I was told it would take about 4 weeks

Lionel Richie
FFS its not a f**king dremel job, the people doing this sort of work (the quality people anyway) have spent years and many ££££'s learning about engines and gaining qualifications, pisses me right off

that's like me saying i don't need an accountant, ill just go buy a calculator

340i
Anybody can do Freds job... Just get a 100 piece halfords socket set and you're away...

;)

Don't Dremmel it LOL, can guarantee you will screw it up! It's not just a case of "bore'in it out youf" in you're garden shed!

421 Cammed 172
FFS its not a f**king dremel job, the people doing this sort of work (the quality people anyway) have spent years and many ££££'s learning about engines and gaining qualifications, pisses me right off

that's like me saying i don't need an accountant, ill just go buy a calculator

I've got one spare. I'll give it you when i'm next over for some work :rasp:

Point taken though, Jam-Sport it is.

I need to talk to you about mapping on the 421s actually and whether you'd recomment TDF or RSTuning.

Will ring on Monday.

IMO theres only one company been mentioned in here that do a FULL job on the inlets, rather than JUST match them, but good luck getting any...

Oh and TDF for mapping ;)

421 Cammed 172
Elaborate pls Duck re Inlets...

Over PM if needs be.

I imagine you're refering to APD, If so silence will confirm :)

Lionel Richie
TDF for mapping

and for as much crap as he's recieved in the past i ONLY use Angelworks for headwork, porting, inlet matching yada yada, i know his history and his currect projects (if i could say CS would be surprised!), yes he's a pain in the arse and takes his time, but he is bollock on

421 Cammed 172
Angelworks aren't in the traders section anymore :(

If you could let me know a price of having them done by angelworks Fred it would be much appreciated :)

Lionel Richie
i'd guess about £180-£200 from ben, but he does do the cylinder heads for top end motorsport these days, rather than CS, so he has a (justified, finally!) waiting list!

340i
My inlet/plenum was done by Mr. Rushworth back in the day... Top class work, but waiting times are crazy from him! He does need a rocket up his backside!!!

Bit of a thread bump here. Just amazed to see people suggesting TDF over RS-Tuning!

Were TDF actually ever any good then!! Or did no one know how s**t they were yet.