ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

APC Pre Wash

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi guys,

So, I've not washed my car in months, around 5-6 months to be exact .... oops.

Anyway, I've just moved into a new house which I'm yet to fit an outside tap to. Going to take my car to a garage jet wash in the meantime so it doesn't look as bad. Don't really fancy taking my buckets and mitt down so I'm looking for a really good APC Pre Wash that will get the majority of dirt off so I can then foam it and blast most of it off.

Any suggestions? Maybe something gel based? Doesn't really matter if it strips as it's not really got much protection on at the moment.

If most of the dirt comes off, I may even stick a layer of Hybrid on it.

Thanks

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I found ValetPro citrus pre wash pretty good.

Unfortunately no pre wash or snow foam will get enough off so that you can add a sealant imo.

Reactions: riz

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I found ValetPro citrus pre wash pretty good.

Unfortunately no pre wash or snow foam will get enough off so that you can add a sealant imo.

Fair doos.

Fitting a tap in the next 2-3 weeks when I get chance so as long as it gets as much as possible off and it looks presentable, I'll be able to give it a fully going over and sealing when I've got the tap etc.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Bilt Hamber Auto Foam seems to get good reviews when used in a pressure sprayer

I may just get a little pressure sprayer as I've got some BH Auto Foam. Good thinking that.

Just leave it, what’s 2-3 weeks considering it’s not been touched in 6 month

I lost all motivation for it over the winter but it's finally coming back and I'm getting itchy feet :D

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Fair doos.

Fitting a tap in the next 2-3 weeks when I get chance so as long as it gets as much as possible off and it looks presentable, I'll be able to give it a fully going over and sealing when I've got the tap etc.

Can you just buy a tap adaptor and run it out the window? Its what I used to do 😅