ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AO48R - How much?????

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Maxxis? Really. Arnt they a budget tyre? I'm after a set to try and narrowed my choice down to cost second hand. Ao48's

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Maxxis were on the white clio and they held up great. .. you wouldn't know they'd seen a track. .

WRX
You're not actually tempted by them are you Adam? Direzzas, Maxxis, or Maragoni for me. I'd rather have nearly two tyres and adapt to drive on them than pay for one of those Yokos!

Not a prayer at that price Nick, they can keep them. Had to buy two new ones yesterday and hopefully I'll be able to start on them next year. Just over half that price for Direzzas.

Maxxis? Really. Arnt they a budget tyre? I'm after a set to try and narrowed my choice down to cost second hand. Ao48's

Maxxis do a track tyre too. Their "budgets" are good in great big puddles as well, just not so good on a damp track.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The direzzas are supposed to be very good, are they expensive new or even second hand? Obv depending on tread.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
What tread depth will last a day and get me there and back? Will look into a spare set of wheels with below legal tyres on in the future

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Buy them 2nd hand for around £25 to £50 each. Good tyre but hard to justify new.

Ive got a couple of sets of A048 knocking about still, I bought them at 25 quid a corner for ones with 2-3mm of tread and 50 quid for 4mm.

On here though people seem to put them up for ridiculous money, Ive seen people trying to sell tyres with 1mm (ie totally worn out and not even road legal anymore) for upwards of 25 a corner, I used to sell mine at 15 quid at 1mm on the vauxhall forum, im going to be rich now im into clios, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What tread depth will last a day and get me there and back? Will look into a spare set of wheels with below legal tyres on in the future

Depends what track and how you drive.S

Somewhere like combe for example where its very much one sided I find I get through about 5 times as many tyres on the pass side as the drivers, if Im really pushing hard I can take a set from brand new to not legal to drive home in 2 trackdays quite easily on the passenger side.

Thats being proper committed though, where as drive just slightly less hard they last several times longer. In my mrs car there I barely touch the tyres as I drive at 8/10ths, but in my mk1 I used to rip them to bits. And that difference in driving so hard only equates to a single or two a lap difference in time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Only really go to oulton which seem to be ok for tyre wear, that and in not out there for hours on end. As per pm the other day, sell me some tyres :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Only really go to oulton which seem to be ok for tyre wear, that and in not out there for hours on end. As per pm the other day, sell me some tyres :)

I only sell them when they are down to 1mm of tread or so, ie no longer even road legal. So no use for what you want.
And ive none in that state currently as just recently restocked, got about 8 sets of A048/888/MPSC but all are 3mm ish or more

Get on ebay and keep an eye out for some decent priced ones is your best bet.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah will do. If by chance you do spot anything and feel the need to share the joy, let me know :)