ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone wanna fit my brakes for me.... Please :)

They are so ridiculously easy its untrue :) 175nm on the rear hubnuts and it's replace the hub nut (I never bother but mine gets checked every 20 minuets of use) Also make sure you leave the spacer on the stub axle

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've changed them 3 times, never used a torque wrench, be fine, probably.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah im getting the discs and pads from G172 on here, and the rears come with Bearings and ABS ring ready.
Easy enough for the rears then, crack them off with a breaker bar then tighten them up using a breaker bar but dont go stupid

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The only thing I hate about replacing front discs is the locating screws 9/10 are seized in or rounded off by a monkey

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
^ impact driver sorts them most of time mate

You get a couple of new screws in box with Brembo discs so you don't have to re use them if they're rounded etc

The only thing I hate about replacing front discs is the locating screws 9/10 are seized in or rounded off by a monkey
i took the grinder to my old discs few weeks ago as this happend.. just ground the remainder of the screw flat after i'd ground through the head of it or as G172 says impact driver sorts it out

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
You should really tighten up the rear hub nut with a torque wrench, to tight and you'll put to much pressure on the bearings and before you know it they'll be shot, also the front disc retaining screws can be stubborn but a good hit with a hammer and centre punch or torx bit soon loosen them up.

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Its is incredibly easy, even more so if you have alloys you can get to the hub nut through as you can crack them loose first. Rest is plain sailing just remember you have to wind the rear calipers back in.