ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone used this wax before??? lmao

Pretty sure Toby's gone full on r****d.

Or am I being sarcastic and by Toby I h'actually mean the OP?

Megane R26
Yep....

6370413937_68be302818_z.jpg

IMG_1984 by RussZS, on Flickr

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
bit cheeky of me to ask russ but how much return you expecting to make from that one pot?

how many coats that gonna get you and at what premium per layer over your other waxes?

Megane R26
Not that you can tell in those pics, but the grey Nissan GTR I have on at the weekend, should do it justice. Clearly its not 20x better (which is the cost difference) but its very special, and some people who have just had their cars detailed want it to look the best it can, which IMO is Crystal Rock at the moment, certainly on darker colours.

Mercedes
People justify spending x amount on whatever they want, we all have different things that we like to spend money that other people may find silly and a waste but its each to there own.

Fiesta ST200
And by the way.

I never said I wouldnt spend a reasonable amount on wax, AG HD does the job fine.

So 'poundland' wax is completely out of the picture.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
if a £800 pot of wax gives 50 layers, thats £16 a layer.

if a detailer can get £40 per layer (easily done as russ has said he's already sold a fair few) on top of a detail then thats £2000. Lets say you take off £200 for the time it takes to apply the wax then that £1000 profit.

If i was a pro then i know what wax id be getting clients to use.

Fair enough to the average person buying a pot of wax for £800 is bonkers, but to a detailer with clients that are willing to add that extra £40 (which is a tiny cost in the scheme of things in a full detail) then why not, you also get the pleasure of using it on your own car as well.

Arctic 182 & PB 172

if a detailer can get £40 per layer (easily done as russ has said he's already sold a fair few) on top of a detail then thats £2000. Lets say you take off £200 for the time it takes to apply the wax then that £1000 profit.

Fair enough to the average person buying a pot of wax for £800 is bonkers, but to a detailer with clients that are willing to add that extra £40 (which is a tiny cost in the scheme of things in a full detail) then why not, you also get the pleasure of using it on your own car as well.

this...

Megane R26
Exactly... I wouldn't buy a pot to just use on my own car. I could, but it'd take 20 years to get through?

Well said.