ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone used this wax before??? lmao

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
iirc Russ has just got a pot as a treat for moving into his own detailing workshop. whats wrong with spending that much on a wax if you can afford it and it will make some money back (charge more for details which us this wax)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
collinite 476 is my personal best, tried expensive waxes, colly always comes out trumps for me.

So this thread is pointing out that you can't afford a superior wax?

And FYI, I think the artist behind Party Rock was LMFAO.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They all do the same thing.

FLOL at anyone who spends over £30-40 on a pot of wax!

You've made an impression on this forum so far.

Not a good one I may add.

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind your comment though.

Fiesta ST200
You've made an impression on this forum so far.

Not a good one I may add.

I'd like to hear your reasoning behind your comment though.

Nice to know.

Well whats wrong with AG HD wax? Does the job and its affordable. Your telling me you would spend thousdands on some wax for your car?

As for the impression thing. Thats in your opinion, maybe im a little too opinionated for some people. Or maybe its that I put a thread up saying I wanted HIDs then I didnt? I dont know, cant win 'em all and you cant make everyone happy.

EDIT: I'm not saying anyone on this forum uses ridiculously expensive wax. Just saying for arguments sake, why would anyone in their right mind use it?!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to know.

Well whats wrong with AG HD wax? Does the job and its affordable. Your telling me you would spend thousdands on some wax for your car?

As for the impression thing. Thats in your opinion, maybe im a little too opinionated for some people. Or maybe its that I put a thread up saying I wanted HIDs then I didnt? I dont know, cant win 'em all and you cant make everyone happy.

EDIT: I'm not saying anyone on this forum uses ridiculously expensive wax. Just saying for arguments sake, why would anyone in their right mind use it?!

I never said anything a AG HD. Why are you on the defensive all of a sudden?

The fact is your statement was ludicrous the fact you've never used more expensive waxes means you can't comment.

When it comes to waxes you have to experience them to be allowed to pass judgement.

Fiesta ST200
I suppose your right, I will shut up :)

But my point is they all do the same thing, surely? A waxed car is a waxed car?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

Go on detailingworld.com and you will see what this game is all about. There was a good test on about 10 differnt waxes, cheap and expensive ones on how long they lasted iirc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

No would be the answer to that question.

You should buy poundland wax. Wax is wax right?

They do all do the same thing. They serve a certain market. AG HD serves those looking to spend £20 on a car wax. Likewise with Nattys Blue. Onyx serves the £50 market; Crystal Rock serves the £800 market.

However, saying "who in their right mind would..." is completely pointless as its a personal decision to spend that money on wax. Why spend £50 on a tank of fuel in your Clio when you could get a hybrid and do double the distance?

There are people with more and less disposal income than you so their "right mind" is completely different!

clio 172
no i can afford it just wouldnt pay it, its crazy theres only a certain amount a wax can do!
LMAO "laugh my arse off"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There isn't a wax on the market that can be left on a car for days on end and wipe off first time whilst still providing nearly 6 months worth of protection.

So again, you're wrong.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly. I can't say for 100% but it's been a rumour for years now.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
[QjUOTE=AliBailey88;8211630]Go on detailingworld.com and you will see what this game is all about. There was a good test on about 10 differnt waxes, cheap and expensive ones on how long they lasted iirc[/QUOTE]

What wax was top just out of intrest ?

no i can afford it just wouldnt pay it, its crazy theres only a certain amount a wax can do!
LMAO "laugh my arse off"

Yes. I know what LMAO stands for. Thanks.

You wouldn't pay for it because you drive a Clio. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you drove a Veyron and could afford a £6k detail from Paul himself, you'd expect one of the best waxes on offer to be applied to the car.

It's all relative. Something that appears to have passed you by...

DB.

BMW 440i
You have to be an idiot to waste that much money on wax. Anything over £100 and you are p*ssing money up the wall IMO.

I personally stick to around the £30 mark

Not a 320d
I think Glasur is the range topper.

For personal home use.

£700 waxes are for pro detailers, or people with cars that warrant a £700 wax.

£30 waxes wouldnt last long enough or provide the continuous beading and water behaviour that I crave.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Personally i couldn't be less interested in this detailing malarkey. Spending days cleaning a car for me is my idea of hell. However expensive wax is expensive for a reason. Would you expect the same quality from a brand like Casio to a brand like Rolex? Probably not. You pay your money and make your choice.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Supply & Demand. Believe it or not some people are actually in the market for Hyper Premium car wax. Myself, i'd sooner spend £40 on some, but if I had the money to throw about or used it in a detailing business then why not.

You have to be an idiot to waste that much money on wax. Anything over £100 and you are p*ssing money up the wall IMO.

I personally stick to around the £30 mark

A tennis mate's dad bought two SLRs, one in dark grey, one in black. Because one colour looked better in the sun, the other at night.

If you have it, why not?

clio 172
Yes. I know what LMAO stands for. Thanks.

You wouldn't pay for it because you drive a Clio. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you drove a Veyron and could afford a £6k detail from Paul himself, you'd expect one of the best waxes on offer to be applied to the car.

It's all relative. Something that appears to have passed you by...
you seem very sarcastic and arguementative (easy when you writing on a forum). Do you not understand i put it on here as a joke. If I wanted a genuine conversation about the product I would of put it on a forum about Veyron etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
you seem very sarcastic and arguementative (easy when you writing on a forum). Do you not understand i put it on here as a joke. If I wanted a genuine conversation about the product I would of put it on a forum about Veyron etc.

You statement was silly and incorrect.

I am very sarcastic and argumentative.

Ah, apologies - I thought the thread was a serious debate!