ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone missing there air con?

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
i know quite a few people take out the air con out of there 172/182's to save weight. But don't think i would even consider it now after this scorching summer! never appreciated climate control so much :).
anyone in regrets or in 172cups wishing the had it?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm missing my 172cups air con, not because I've binned it, but because the cars off on its holidays havering some work done.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
some harsh idiot has removed the air con condenser and chopped aircon pipes on mine so it has none! all the parts ordered to refit it again though!

Mine worked when I first bought the car, however it has now given up. I'll take it for a re-gas but it will probably piss out as quick as it goes in knowing my luck.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mines icy cold and is on constantly at the moment. It didn't work in my previous clios so am thankful for it this summer. Doesn't seem to affect fuel consumption either?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I am still binning the AC in the 172 (I have the PMS lightweight kit sat in the garage) only because my clio is just a weekend- trackday toy.

I have it on constantly when I'm in the Hilux/Fabia.

phase 1 flamer 172
Mine has aircon, never use it and still plan to remove it, this weather is a one off, wont happen for another 5 years probably.

Ive been missing it while weve been having a hot summer but i love the extra power the supercharger gives so i just put the windows down lol & go faster lol, it is nice & cold in the 197 with the a/c on tho.

Audi A5
Ive been missing it while weve been having a hot summer but i love the extra power the supercharger gives so i just put the windows down lol & go faster lol, it is nice & cold in the 197 with the a/c on tho.

Well your reasoning I would say is worthy. Lol.

Apart from s/c power, Atm in this heat, a/c > non a/c.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
A loose alternator bracket smashed my aircon pipes to f*ck,
so it was binned at the start of this year when the belts were changed.

I can't say i've missed it, my windows still work that that's all the aircon I need,
I do think it's a shame when I see people driving around with their windows up and aircon on,
we have so little hot weather in this country that it's nice to drive around enjoying it with the windows down.

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Mines isn't working currently. Really need to get round to getting it fixed. Hopefully it's just needing regarded although I noticed that one of the pipes looks like it has been damaged.

Audi A5
A loose alternator bracket smashed my aircon pipes to f*ck,
so it was binned at the start of this year when the belts were changed.

I can't say i've missed it, my windows still work that that's all the aircon I need,
I do think it's a shame when I see people driving around with their windows up and aircon on,
we have so little hot weather in this country that it's nice to drive around enjoying it with the windows down.

The thing is sometimes having the windows down just down cut it, especially when sitting in traffic/low speeds.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I couldn't be without it in my van. Sod doing 70mph for hours on the motorway with the windows down. I like not to be deafened by wind noise and be able to hear the radio

PH1 Clio 172
I must be lucky MPG is the same and air con is icy cold very quickly
Maybe Ph1's are just better than Ph2's :rasp:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mine worked for around a week and has never worked since.

Not really fussed about getting it fixed either as it needs an A/C compressor.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nope. I enjoy the extra 3bhp TBH.

While sat idling in traffic its kind of hard to appreciate the difference, but very easy to appreciate the aircon.
And when putting your foot down you can always turn the AC off and have 2.8 of that 3bhp back anyway, as an idling pulley costs basically nothing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've got A/C, but barely used it all summer - prefer windows down, especially on hot nights, love driving with windows down at night, so refreshing.

Its stuck in traffic in mid day that A/C is most useful, so depends how much of that sort of driving you have to do I guess!

Clio 172
Sod that mines a track car and I still have aircon on it, re gassed it at work two weeks ago. Happily use it out on track when it's hot too , just means I have to drive it a bit harder lol