ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Know How To Remove Speedometer In Mk3 Clio?

Megane 225
Hi, have succeeded in changing all the bulbs on my dash to blue, apart from the speedometer. No sure how to go about getting this out, does anyone know where a guide for this might be, had a look in guides section but nothing there apart from MK2 clios.

Cheers

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
i changed mine to white with no problem, it's like the other ones.

quadrantemin.jpg

Megane 225
with no problems?? now thats the understatement of the year! those tiny little SMD lights that light up the screen in the middle top of the instruments were an absolute nightmare!

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
just took me one hour to change them all.

try do eat first the strip on the PCB and remove a bit of the green layer so the silver solder can get a grip.

Megane 225
sorry didnt follow last bit mate, i had to change all smds to leds because the smd plates were to big to fit on the solder area. cannie say it took just over an hour unless you are the undisputed champion of soldering and using tweezers

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
offcourse i used tweezers to change them, the smd's are too small to pik them with the hand.

wich smd's do you have? 1206?

Megane 225
feck knows, but they are smaller than a knot on a mosquitos penis! took me ages and had to resolder most of them a few times to get a connection that wouldnt break when going over a bump.

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
you have a green cover over to complete PCB right, remove just a bit to expose the copper of the PCB, and then the solder should stick better to the pcb.

try using a tip of 0.5mm for the soldering iron

got to go, later i'll come to see the result

clio MK3 1.5DCI 85cv
welll, but anyway, it's the same as the rpm ones. U have to take the pcb from behind, and then u solder them.

The only problem I haven't solved are the windows button, as they are normal LED, but from wath i understood, they take current from the elevation system, and by changing the LED, they stop working, already had to buy 2 new buttons to get them working again.

Megane 225
eh? we are having opposite problems here! my window switches were the easiest thing to do in the world! just cut the old one off and solder the new LED on, positive goes towards the front of the car. then just put it all back together. you have to plug it in before actually putting the unit back in the door as you need to make sure the LED is pointing through the window properly.