ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone have any brochures?

Mazda 3 MPS
Hi people, i'm looking for a brochure on the mk3 ph1. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

Basically I want to buy a 1.6vvt but would like to compare the optional extra's to what the used cars have. Does anyone have a copy of the brochure lying around that could scan in the option extra's page or something for me?

Tried my local dealer they have no brochures at all, and tried customer services too.

Cheers guys.

Eliot.

Mazda 3 MPS
Because I personally dislike diesel, and have no real need for it. I only do short sub 5 mile trips usually. The 1.6 should give me decent performance with good mpg and insurance rates. I love petrol.

Also, I've had a look on ebay, but can't find anything. They are all for the older models. If i'm being thick and missing something please feel free to prove me wrong lol.

EDIT: I found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...es_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item43a07e7b92 but it seems a little OTT.

Mazda 3 MPS
Aslong as i get above 35 mpg im not too concerned. It looks as though the 1.6 could be more powerful though, and also I will probably put an induction kit and a map on it. I've also heard the TCE is very limited due to it's injectors. Is the mk3 1.6 really that bad on fuel? Surely not?

Mazda 3 MPS
Insurance is a problem for the 197. I'm only 20. Hence why im not getting a 182 either. I prefer the design of the newer car, but people are telling me that the fuel economy on them is crap. It surely can't be that bad?

Glacier White Clio 197
I'm only 20 and have a 197, its no excuse. ;)

They are bad on fuel because they weigh more. Its the same with my old car. I had a Corsa D (the new shape Corsa) and the old Corsa completely outed it on speed/mpg because all the Corsa C was just four wheels and an engine.

Newer cars have more safety things in them which naturally increases the weight which decreases the mpg, along with other factors like size.

Thats personally how i see it anyway.

Mazda 3 MPS
Tbh. I just want something quiet and comfortable. Which is why I wanted the 1.6 performance isn't too much of a bother. It's a damn sight more powerful then what I've got now lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thats why i would consider diesel, i know you said you dont like them but they are quieter inside than the 1.6 petrol which is droney anything other than 30mph town driving, comforable is obviously the same what ever engine you go for, plus much cheaper to run with its £30 a year road tax and 60mpg average. plus if you stretch to a dci 106 it will be quicker than the 1.6 and have the 6 speed gearbox. the DCi 86 wouldn't be much off the 1.6 performance wise as the torque means you dont really feel the extra weight of the mk3

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the Feb 2008 brochure.

I'd have to scan it in at work tomorrow though.

Mazda 3 MPS
That's cool. Thanks.

The diesel may be quieter and stuff but I just don't like them. Thanks for all the info though. It's food for thought.