ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had a go at doing a DIY strutbrace?

172 SPORT PH2
Seen it on the guides... does anyone know how to do one ? (REAR STRUTBRACE)

Width x Height x Wall thickness X Length ?

If anyone has done one, please show me the way.. i found some steel on ebay ... but theres lots of Different W X H X W X L ....

Not sure which i need ? any one pm me the details or post them here, if you have done it..

Bdw on a clio 172 ph2

S3, Polo
I found a few bamboo canes jubilee-clipped together worked wonders!!

Waaaaaay better than carbon or aluminium $hite made by people with years of experience with large R&D budgets...

Lol like you need years of experience to get a rod, cut it to size and weld some round things on the end. I bought mine and couldn't believe how simple it was. I could teach my dog how to make one. I shall get some measurement tomorrow for you pal.
I have some pics in my project thread if you do a search.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I built one out of Steel Uni-strut..... did f**k all... save the money/time for some thing else

106 GTI
made my own fo free, just measure from the centre of the bolts and make to fit, easy

06052009106.jpg

172 SPORT PH2
Haha guys, great feedback, especially the polystirene, and the 36 bhp gain haha quality !

Stava that would be great mate if you can get me some measurments cheers

And thanks guys lol

BG 182,megane td
iam a steel fabricator and could knock these up in my sleep,was thinking about making some but would need sizes or the braces to replicate

106 GTI
I used 2 x bits of angle iron for the ends to bring the tube up, otherwise it wont get past the bodywork

3 Series touring
iam a steel fabricator and could knock these up in my sleep,was thinking about making some but would need sizes or the braces to replicate

instant money maker! if you can get them done for a 1.2 pm me and il take one (price dependant!)

197 f1
the overall distance is 108 cm between strut top bolt holes.
made mine with some tubing and some 40mm box.

Breaking mk2 DCI
i reckkon im gonna make a bolt in one that goes onto the towers themselves next and see which is better the top mount or side mount version,

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i made one from some box section (£2 from supplier).

i hang my coat on it ! no good for anything else.....