ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had a collapsed cat? What are the symtoms

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
My car has a very rough idle smokes and smells odd I have not checked plugs or leads as of yet but from the smell a couple of lads in the surrounding garages seemed to think the cat was blocked

Hi mate, mine had a lead on number four cylinder breaking down the other day and was filling up the cat with unburnt fuel and it stank of eggs and a sulphur smell, i changed the leads and all was good after a good thrashing ? Hope this helps as was a cheap fix for me ?

182FF
On my old polo the cat shattered.. the honeycomb inside broke into 'balls' getting clogged in my exhaust, making it just cut out.

I had to drive it 14 miles home, constantly getting out and hitting the cat with the wheel brace to shake it all up & unblock it.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Thanks for your inputs I will check the plugs in the morning, I have just ordered a decat so hopefully will be one or the other

Dead_cat.jpg

Terrible spelling.