ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got an AirPrint compatible printer?

As title really. I bought my Mum an iPad last xmas, to be surprise she can work the thing, to such an extent she wants to start printing things from it. I know of this AirPrint thing, I assume you just get a compatible printer, plug it in to a power source....then just print from the iPad all wirelessly?

I'm not looking for anything fancy at all, see this one at PCWorld - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-photosmart-5510-eaio-wireless-all-in-one-inkjet-printer-10577362-pdt.html

L
ooks decent enough as an all-in-one printer.

Is it just as easy as it sounds?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Any of the new HP ones have Air print iirc.

The one you linked above is the newer model of what I've got - a great printer but drinks ink like there's no tomorrow!

Exceptionally good, especially within OSX also. It really was the easiest thing in the world to setup on my Mac, just searched, it downloaded the drivers and it was ready to go. Setting it up on your network is easy and printing from my iPhone / iPad is as easy as the adverts show it.

Clio 172
I got a HP Officejet 6500a Plus E-All-in-One.

Awesome piece of kit, wireless, cheap cartridges, double sided printing and AirPrint enabled.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Airprint compatible... what's that ?

Get the hacked version and use pretty much any printer you want ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Works on its own. Communicates directly with an iOS device.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Correct, but it doesn't work with iOS5 now... :( The original author of the Airprint hack is working on the iOS5 issue.

If you really want a windows box to provide to iOS5 devices then google fingerprint (its paid for software). I have this set up so users with company iPads and iPhones can print to our copiers

Citroen DS3 White
  Citroen DS3 White
^You bought that one off ebay?

Smooth transaction?

Always weary about buying consumer electronics off ebay.

Yep, went fine, it was from Comet!
5 days delivery, they sent an email saying when it would be delivered, and it was. Proper brand new, sealed box etc.

Edit:
Just noticed it's gone up, I paid £49.95 delivered!