ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Tracker?

911 carrera 2, Yamaha R6
I'm thinkin of getting an RAC trackstar.
Anyone else got one and how much does it lower your insurance by?

BMW 525d Sport
RAC Trackstar is great, Just fitted it to my Evo.

the units are approx £375.00 fitted, lifetime subscription is £325 or a annual is £125. Thas all the costs unless u want to acivate safe speed or smart nav.

they r worth the money of you can afford 1, my dad has 1 on his leon cupra r, he once pushed the car back with out the keys in the ignition and the foned him to ask if the car had been stolen, smart piece of kit, not sure if its a rac trackstar tho.

I would'nt bother getting a tracker mate, would you really want your car back if its had its hole kicked in? Plus if it did get stolen and the police recover it for you its registered as "stolen recovered" so it would be worth alot less if you go to sell it or trade it in!

106 GTi
Saved me nothing on a previous car, all depends on the insurers. But chances are if you have at least Cat 1 on there they wont take any more off.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
paul_h172 said:
they r worth the money of you can afford 1, my dad has 1 on his leon cupra r, he once pushed the car back with out the keys in the ignition and the foned him to ask if the car had been stolen, smart piece of kit, not sure if its a rac trackstar tho.

Not Auto-txt is it??

Its the company i work with.. they do a cat 5 tracking system (Cat 5 meaning its an 'Active' unit) Most systems are passive... and YOU have to call if your vehicle has been stollen.

Auto-txt works with Bluetooth on your mobile or you have a bluetooth tag, its used as a seperate key to 'authenticate' the driver.. (so just having the keys wont mean you can get the car without being noticed!) When you turn on the ignition the Auto-txt unit will search for the BT devices paired with it.. if it finds it it deativates the unit thinking 'yep, this person is authorised' If it doesnt pair.. it sends an alarm to BT Redcare (Secure opperating centre) who then call the owner and 2 other people to confirm the vehicle is secure.

It also has a tremor sensor in the unit, which means if the car was picked up or moved without the 'key' to deactivate the unit.. the Auto-txt unit wakes up and reports its being 'moved' the customer will then get a call to make sure the car is safe.

Auto-txt do 2 different kinds of unit, the SO (standard opperation) or RO.... Remote opperation, which means if the car has been stollen, we can disable the crank of the car, meaning it cant be started again :D (until we re-enable it hehe)

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182
Jezz said:
I'm thinkin of getting an RAC trackstar.
Anyone else got one and how much does it lower your insurance by?

i was thinking of getting one once thought it would make my insurance go down phoned them up and asked how much it would go down there answer was it will go down £9 so i didnt bother getting one .

BMW 525d Sport
the RAC trackstar unit will activate itself if the car moves out of a 10metre perimeter without the ignition on.