ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a Pipercross Viper on a 172

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

Does anyone use one of these filter on a mk1 or mk2 172 ??

I am on the verge of ordering one but wanted to know how others have got on with them ??

Dave

I too would like to know. Ive heard good things about this on the Saxo forum and also wonder how it compares to the BMC airbox performance and price wise.

W

wyatt gates

i have pipercross kit on my 172 i am not sure what model induction kit it is

My brother has just fitted a pipercross viper to his Saxo VTR....it makes loads of difference. Its totally sealed, similar to the original air filter, so stops hot air getting in the way and just rams fresh cold air from the front down your engines face. Quietened the beast down as well which is good for my neighbours.

This leads to my question.....does anyone know whether they have brought one out for the Clio 16v yet? The only alternative is the Hill Power Ramair as mentioned in F.A.Q section....looks like it does a similar job.

im gonna test the viper for renault in HK this summer, so i will tell you guys if ya wanna wait. But the hillpower one aint sealed so you only get the cold air at speed, you could seal it yourself with a little bit of fibreglass and a days work......

Do Pipercross make a Viper kit for the Mk2 172?

Ive had a quick look on the Website but no mention of a kit to suit the Mk2.

If anyone knows different can they let me have the part number pleeeeeese as I to have heard astonishing tales of 10-15bhp gains and I NEED one.

Cheers

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

R0ach

Let me know how you get on, i will be getting one once my 12k service is done (1000 miles time)

Dave

Will do. Im stint-ish at the moment though as ive just shelled out for the car and insurance (ouch) so it might be next month before i get my power hungry little mitts on the Viper.