ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone fitted an OMP Cup Racer Strut Brace to a 182?

M2 Competition
Do you mean the normal omp ones, like you'd find on ebay?

Some say they're just for looks, some say they've noticed a difference in stiffness. I find the clio's setup pretty stiff as it is, not sure you'd need one.

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Dont have one on me clio but i had one on my fezzy (top and bottom) and on my scooby (top) and yeah u can see a difference but nothing to write home about

the "cup racer one" for OMP doesn't actually exist, they only did a 1 off prototype for pictures

I just bought one and its arriving in 2 weeks, the guy I got it from bought it directly from RSport in France.

The "prototype" for pics was for a 172 Ph1 I believe, its on the OMP website and its a different design.

I just hope this b*****d fits...

rsstrut2uk5.jpg

barrarsow1.jpg

Lots of Alfas
By the way does anyone have a pic of a Cup Racer engine bay?

bild16.jpg

That one wouldnt fit a road car as the engine moves about too much on the softer mounts, it would bang on it big time. The one in the other pic might fit as it bends up over the engine more.

...interesting on that RS website the cup racer speedline wheels are €149.00 each which is about £70!!

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Looks good...prefer trying to make that fit than drilling holes in the cars suspension turrets.