ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone dealt with this ebayer breaking a 1*2?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Having a bit of a problem with the ebayer responsible for this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260703324080&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I agreed to buy the Xenon headlights, we exchanged several emails and he always replied very quickly. I sent payment via paypal and he agreed to send via a 24/48 hour courier. This hasn't happened and he will not respond to the two emails I have sent since.

I know I should have made him list the parts on ebay for a bit of security and it is a bit of a cliche, but he sounded very genuine.

Is there any way I can still request his contact details, ie phone number through ebay?

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Give it a chance to come first, depending on when you bought it/when the guy sent it.

A lot of companies are struggling to guarantee 24/48 hour delivery right now.

I know one of my parcels is held in a DHL depot at the moment because of the weather as the depots are pretty much full

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It's been a week now. If he was still in contact telling me they were in the post and providing a tracking number then fair enough, but I've not heard a thing since I sent payment. Prior to sending payment he would reply within a couple of hours and we exchanged about 6 messages. It does feel like I have had my trousers pulled down!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I ordered a splitter off a big dismantling company on ebay and they said they posted it 1st class recorded and it took 13 days to arrive!

I'd leave it a bit longer.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I ordered a splitter off a big dismantling company on ebay and they said they posted it 1st class recorded and it took 13 days to arrive!

I'd leave it a bit longer.

It's just the lack of communication that worries me. When I sent the money I asked if he had received it ok, got nothing back. the next day I asked if they had been posted but again he didn't reply. Before I sent the money he was really on the ball, replying pretty much straight away to any questions I asked.

We'll see though.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've sent him a message asking if the xenons are for sale, I'll see what he replies for you mate :)

Cheers.

The advert sounds pretty genuine and with him having a pearl black cup spoiler and cat cams i did wonder if he might be on here, especially with him knowing the significance of a 182 manifold. He didn't sound like a regular breaker.

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If I'm honest, people constantly bugging on eBay is f**king annoying.

'Did you get my payment?' 'Has it been posted yet?' 'Did you get my email?' 'Please reply to me'

Couriers aren't keeping to those deadlines at all. It's the busiest time of year, which is doubling delivery times, add on the snow and it gets even worse.

He might be busy/annoyed with you being a pain. You might see it as harmless questions but if he's selling 20 different things, that's a lot of messages from people asking the same questions.

As long as you weren't foolish enough to pay via gift, then you'll get your goods/money eventually.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've sent him two emails in the space of a week, I would hardly class that as being annoying. If I was buying something that was 10 quid then I wouldn't check if payment had cleared but because it was a much larger amount I wanted to make sure it had gone through ok. A quick reply sayin "got the payment will get them to you as soon as I can" is not too much to expect at all. Is that not how things would happen on here? Only on here you would be encouraged to pay by gift.

I sent it as a goods transaction and described what payment was for in the notes section, so like you say I should get my money back.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'd give it time...probably even more so now as we got owned by the snow again last night.

I sold a set of wheels on here a fair while ago and they only got picked up earlier this week!!!!

Couriers around here are working overtime, UPS turned up at my door just before 8pm the other night.

I doubt they will be running normal untill after the new year.

How did you pay?

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've sent him two emails in the space of a week, I would hardly class that as being annoying. If I was buying something that was 10 quid then I wouldn't check if payment had cleared but because it was a much larger amount I wanted to make sure it had gone through ok. A quick reply sayin "got the payment will get them to you as soon as I can" is not too much to expect at all. Is that not how things would happen on here? Only on here you would be encouraged to pay by gift.

I sent it as a goods transaction and described what payment was for in the notes section, so like you say I should get my money back.

It's not good enough and he was happy to reply quickly when he wanted the money but afterwards things are different.

You covered your arse with PayPal so you won't lose out. I hate PayPal gift. I can see why they've created it but it causes so many problems on here.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh we'll see, I did just wonder if any one else on here had dealt with him as he has got some fairly sought after parts.

Paid by paypal, a goods transaction so should be pretty safe.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Also when breaking a car you get shitloads of messages. I was having to empty my inbox twice a night when breaking mines!

It might be due to the weather he is getting alot of messages re delivery and is concentrating on actual sale of items instead as he knows they will be delivered when normal service is resumed.

Failing that, buy his wheelbolt but dont pay, then request his contact details(you need to have a transaction to do this), you will then be provided with his number ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Im the same ive bought the cup spoiler off him and since paying havent heard anything from him.

I did it as goods aswell luckly not a gift just incase something goes wrong.

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Im the same ive bought the cup spoiler off him and since paying havent heard anything from him.

I did it as goods aswell luckyly not a gift just incase something goes wrong.

Have you tried to contact him?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
It's not good enough and he was happy to reply quickly when he wanted the money but afterwards things are different.

You covered your arse with PayPal so you won't lose out. I hate PayPal gift. I can see why they've created it but it causes so many problems on here.

To really cover myself I should have made him list them as a buy it now on ebay, then I'm sure he would feel more inclined to keep up good communication as he wouldn'y want any negative feedback.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Yeah i have and ive had the missus email him asking if its for sale on a different account and he hasnt replied to her.

maybe something geniune has come up?

I have a picture of his car and his reg if thats any help?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh he could just be on holiday or something.

If you buy an item on ebay that has it's own listing you can request the contact details/phone number of the seller. I wonder if there is any way we can do that even though the items don't have their own listings?

Yeh you could post the pic up on here, does it even have xenons?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Its only of the rear of the car il post it but it seems like a nice one tbh

and like you said he knew his stuff and has ok feedback?

Its times like this i hate ebay.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Its only of the rear of the car il post it but it seems like a nice one tbh

and like you said he knew his stuff and has ok feedback?

Its times like this i hate ebay.

Feedback he has received in the last couple of days:

"Outstanding service. I would recommend this seller unreservedly."
"Good seller with keep good communication."

The only bad feedback he has got is from one person who he sent a passenger side mirror to instead of drivers.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Yeah thats what makes me think something may be up.

I wish ebay had a last logged in message.

I hope something has just come up.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Well atleast it will definately have Xenons.

How do you even send ebay an email these days? Just want to see if they will give me a contact number for him.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
I have no idea haha sorry.

I didnt even realise you could.

What day did you last hear from him or send the money?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think Sunday was the last day I heard from him, that was when I paid aswell. When did you?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Sunday too!

So we know if hes screwing us over hes consistantly screwing us over haha

Well atleast it is consistant, I was dreading you would say Wednesday or something.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Yeah so was i.

I have found 1 phone number for a M Carroll in Edinburgh but not sure it is him.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Yeah but the view on street view doesnt match the picture of the car. unless he took the picture elsewhere.

I feel like morse.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeah but the view on street view doesnt match the picture of the car. unless he took the picture elsewhere.

I feel like morse.

Give it a call and say you are calling with regards to his advert on ebay for the 172 he is breaking, if it is the wrong number he'll just think you are abit crazy.

I've just spoken to paypal on the phone, they couldn't give me any contact details but said if the item doesn't turn up they will be able to refund my money.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Yozz'd up 182
Haha nah il give it a little while i only sent my second email yesterday.

Until he replies to someone else il give him the benefit of the doubt.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 172 PH1, Mini
I'm having problems with eBay too. I won steering wheel boss on the 1st and it still hasn't turned up. So give it a bit longer.

Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Discounted 1*2 parts
if you've paid by paypal and are worried then put a dispute/claim in on paypal. This will hold the funds at his end and unless he provides a tracking number through paypal you will be returned with your money

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Seriously, if he lives in Edinburgh then give the guy a break. Couriers are royally fucked in Scotland atm. All their depots are full and nothing is moving around due to the whole place taking a beating from the snow again

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That's fair enough, it's just his lack of communication that is the worry. But we'll see.