ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody on here aged 19 and have a RS clio?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
God i hate these threads!

Makes people look so bitter.

Got mine when i was 18 paid 7.2k for the car, was on old boys insurance for a yr paid 1400 or soemthing daft.

When i was 19 took out my own policy, paid 1100.
Bought the Vee when i was 21, paid 1400, and 400 for the williams.

22 - 1100
23 - 700

Got a 172 now for winter payin 400 and something i forget.

All with admiral.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Main factor seems to be postcode tbh.

I'm coming up 20 and can't get any quotes under £2000 with 1 years NCB. So being sensible and waiting until I'm 21.

Living in a nice area but sharing the same postcode with central Reading FTL! lol

ITB'd 182...
try bell.

20, 2years ncb, 3points for speeding, with 2 others on my policy it's 1k.

full comp also

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
bloody hell lol.. i got a quote for over 3k last night and managed to get 2900 from comparethemarket.com lol i know its not as accurate using a comparison site but just gives a rough idea ov whos expensive

mk4 golf gttdi180
grrrrrrrrr this makes me annoyed lol id love a clio but 1500 is to much for me to pay im driving my gti for 650 a year and im looking at moving onto a ibiza cupra r but thats still only a 1.8 .i wish i could have a sport :(

ph1 172
Anything over £1k for insurance when you are 19 is a joke, £2k+ you must be mad. I paid £550 when i was 19 in my valver so you dont have to have a slow car at that age.

Dont get me wrong, i love my cars and spend way too much money on them but I'd rather have an older/slower car for a few years and have really nice holidays.

Insurance is one of those things where you get pretty much nothing for your money. Spend £2k on a car and its still there a year later, spend it on insurance and you have nothing. Spend it on a holiday and you at least have the memories. If you can afford both and still have change left over, ignore me!

My Dad has had a 172 since nealy new and ive always wanted one. I looked into it when i was 19, told myself how i really needed one etc etc. Now i own one i look back and realise that i didnt really need one and have saved myself a fortune.

We are all dangerous enough when we are young without being sat in a 172!

1.2 Clio Dynamique (blue)
tbh.. i dont think insrance should be any more than what your car is worth...

i know its also to cover any other vehicles if you have an accident but its not like your going to crash into anything super expensive is it and by the rip-offs some of the companies make to some people its not like they cant afford to pay the little bit extra like we do....

Clio 197
I am 21 and pay £780 for my 197 full comp, I have no NCB but do have two years Named Driver No Claims discount and been driving for 3 years.

f**ked ph1 172
i'm 20, paying £798 fully comp with a gdi 208bhp package installed.

they guy who i bought it off was the same age.