ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any tips for getting core plugs out?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Well they're mainly metal with a plastic/rubber section in the middle.

The ones that allow you access to fit Renault camshaft locking tool (horseshoe type)

Smack it at the top with a screwdriver or a punch and it will flip the bottom bit out, Failing that, screwdriver through the middle and pry it out.
If your doing a cambelt and got stuck at that bit I'd leave it alone tbh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well they're mainly metal with a plastic/rubber section in the middle.

The ones that allow you access to fit Renault camshaft locking tool (horseshoe type)
Smash a screw driver into them and pull them out.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Thanks all sorted now!

By the way whilst I appreciate your help, comments like 'if you got stuck there, you shouldn't be doing it at all' really knock confidence.

Just FYI doesn't help. How else do people learn? I know the risks.

Was'nt trying to be an arse or knock your confidence, But these are not the easiest of belts to do. Good luck with it.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Thanks. It can be difficult sometimes when you haven't got the technical knowledge or indeed someone to guide you that you know.

Sometimes you just have to dig in and give it your best. Especially when your only other option is to spend £1200 on a new engine... Kinda makes you want to learn it properly