ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any point in replacing ball joints, track rods+ends when putting on powerflex bushes?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Car is 05 plate with 45k. As far as I know still on original engine mounts, suspension parts and bushes.

Got a bit of an occasional knock on lift off of hard acceleration and can knock itself out of gear under hard acceleration in 1st.

Going to powerflex the dogbone and thought I may aswell freshen up the upper gearbox and engine mount with new standard mounts while I'm at it and powerflex the arb and lower arms.

Question is any point in doing ball joints, track rods and ends although as far as I can tell there isn't anything wrong them? I hear ball joints are a bit of a weak point and at £12 each from NWPerformance I'm kind of thinking why not? Should I even be thinking about doing this or am I being OCD with wanting things freshened up and shiny?

RB Clio 182 Cup
Re: Any point in replacing ball joints, track rods+ends when putting on powerflex bus

Do you mean nope don't bother with the ball joints etc or you mean you did everything and it made a big difference?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: Any point in replacing ball joints, track rods+ends when putting on powerflex bus

Do as much as you can while you've got the spanners out.

Will drive like a new car; How renault intended!

RB Clio 182 Cup

I'm sold on doing ball joints. Just not sure on benefit of track rods and ends though, be another £100 odd quid + labour?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Oh I assumed you were doing it yourself.

WRX

Might as well

RB Clio 182 Cup

Oh I assumed you were doing it yourself.

Could do some of it but sounds like a pain in the arse to push in new bushes and if I get stuck getting a bolt out I don't really have the equipment (or skill!) to deal with it. Also have a friendly local garage I've been using for years that has < £40 labour costs so removing the risk of me cocking it up and spending hours wanting to destroy the car because I get stuck on something is worth a few hours labour cost to me!