ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any good 200 deals kicking about just now?

As per title, I'm contemplating trading in the 182 for a new/nearly new 200. Are there any good deals to be had at the moment. There doesn't appear to be many dealers with any 200s in stock up my way (not that i can find) so may have to venture down south.

Just want to ask on here before having to go and deal with a salesman.

Also, what kind of trade in price could I expect for a 2005 FF 182 with FSH and 32k on the clock?

Cheers,
Jamie

Ph1 T
I went to look at a focus rs the other day at a Renault garage (renault wakefield) he said they would give me 4k for mine px couldn't believe it, and mines got 52k on it

I went to look at a focus rs the other day at a Renault garage (renault wakefield) he said they would give me 4k for mine px couldn't believe it, and mines got 52k on it

Out of pure curiosity, what sort of deal was being offered on the RS?

Ph1 T
It was up for 8,900 didn't go into too much detail but the salesman went to see his manager about my car came back saying the can give me 4 for mine and were willing to move on the price of the rs

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was offered £2500 on my 182, FSH etc with 57k on against a 10k car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
0% over four years or fours years PCP.

Expect £2k for your 182. Sell it privately, that's what I did.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i was offered 3-3.5 with out seeing my car 05 with 29k on the clock by a garage, part exchange..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ours is very cheap as we put £9k down.

Its best to go into the dealership and run it through.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
What about the actual deal. I saw someone quoting £15k for a brand new 200 - which I could live with. But if that's a cup with nothing, it's false economy.

I really want a LY 200 with cup packs, recaros & lux pack (Whatever it's called). Seems a few 200's about £14k on the market which are two years old which looks like it may be a disaster for depreciation. Rather pay £15k for a new'un if that's the compromise I think.

Best I've seen is a LY 200 on ebay for £14k with 2k on the clocks.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I had to buy mine new as their is absolutely NOTHING in the way of dealer based second hand/ex demo units that I was even half interested in & for the money & because it's on finance I decided to go new as their isn't a lot in monthly payments between ex demo & new. I have gone down the 4+ route as 4 years servicing & warranty in my experience with french cars is worth every penny (have you seen Renaults service pricing) ha.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What car did you buy/spec & how much are the payments if you don't mind me asking?

No problem, Clio 200 in RS I.D Pearl White. Cup packs, Speedline cup wheels in Black, Cup Spoiler, Recaro's, Bluetooth upgraded stereo with Gap insurance & total piece of mind pack chucked in for free which is basically tank of fuel, RS matts & a full valeting super guard kit (cars also getting the renault body coat from factory).

I have put down a £500 deposit upon ordering the car which is standard. Upon collecting the car I plan to pay off the Gap insurance then which is £300 saves paying interest on that over the years. I will also likely chuck another £500 on top of my deposit when I collect meaning the payments are around £365 a month ish, naturally the bigger the deposit the less you pay per month really, depends what's best for you.

(Note I only keep cars for a certain amount of time then trade up) So in theory I'll only ever pay 14.500 for this car then hand it back to them, draw even and go again. (Unless I fall in love in that case I'll keep it :)

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
As I recall Renault where very quick to nock off £1500 list price & with my 3K of extras the whole cost of the car is around the £20,580 mark. Hope this helps.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for that, what list price did they quote for that? Also, these deals.... Is this limited to a set mileage?

Personally, I'm thinking of selling the Trophy for say £5k, throw in a deposit maybe & finance the rest. Quite undecided currently - I think buying new, against buying these models 2 years old & 13k right now, is a better decision. But a couple of years down the line there will be more on the market which will push prices down.

Big worry for me are these 197's about 7k. Don't want to lose that much.

Against all this are the R26's for 8/9k.

*You've answered that. £20k. Blimey.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Mines set to 12k miles per year, doubt i'll even do that lol. I have a guaranteed buy back value of 5.5K but they said themselves they think it'll be worth more than that probably around 7.5-8k.

Only live once, can't take it with me.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
How does there appear to be such a big difference in price then. If you ticked every option but came in £4k cheaper?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Depends on your deposit, I've only put down £500 for the moment as theres no way I'm dropping 8-9k for a deposit when it's 0%.

Just been to the local Renault garage (Evans Halshaw).

Brand new 200, Racing blue, Recaros, Cup chassis, Spoiler, Speedlines, & bluetooth. £200 deposit +£2k for my car (minty mint 33K FF 182) = £306 P/M on 4 year PCP with 6000miles PA.

Think I will shop around a bit, but at that price I will probably just keep the 182.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
6000 miles a year is nothing really aswell. I wouldn't do that many but I think 99% of people would.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just been to the local Renault garage (Evans Halshaw).

Brand new 200, Racing blue, Recaros, Cup chassis, Spoiler, Speedlines, & bluetooth. £200 deposit +£2k for my car (minty mint 33K FF 182) = £306 P/M on 4 year PCP with 6000miles PA.

Think I will shop around a bit, but at that price I will probably just keep the 182.

Youd get £3k for your car privately.

Iceberg 172 Cup
No problem, Clio 200 in RS I.D Pearl White. Cup packs, Speedline cup wheels in Black, Cup Spoiler, Recaro's, Bluetooth upgraded stereo with Gap insurance & total piece of mind pack chucked in for free which is basically tank of fuel, RS matts & a full valeting super guard kit (cars also getting the renault body coat from factory).

I have put down a £500 deposit upon ordering the car which is standard. Upon collecting the car I plan to pay off the Gap insurance then which is £300 saves paying interest on that over the years. I will also likely chuck another £500 on top of my deposit when I collect meaning the payments are around £365 a month ish, naturally the bigger the deposit the less you pay per month really, depends what's best for you.

(Note I only keep cars for a certain amount of time then trade up) So in theory I'll only ever pay 14.500 for this car then hand it back to them, draw even and go again. (Unless I fall in love in that case I'll keep it :)

I've just spat my tea alover the floor, fell off the chair and choked a little.

When the guy said to me it'd be £306 a month to me I had the same reaction. He was the worst sales guy i have ever come across aswell. Just seemed like he couldn't be Arsed and i was an inconvenience. Think I might go back later in the week and try a different sales person.

I'm not willing to go over £250 a month really, so if a deal can't be had for that then Il just keep the 182.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've just spat my tea alover the floor, fell off the chair and choked a little.

I'm not that fussed about the monthly payments, I put next to no deposit down & I hardly spend my money on anything else monthly so why not. All tax deductible anyways.

It's what ever works best for the individual, to me putting 8-9k deposits down on something thats 0% doesn't make financial sense, but if what you're are interested in is keeping monthly costs down then fair enough.

Last edited:
  F56 MINI Cooper S
You can pick up a mint 200 for a decent price now. If we're talking a year or two old (11, 10 plate etc) a well specced one inc Recaros, Speedlines etc can be had for 13/14k with low miles on.

F56 MINI Cooper S
When i were looking we viewed 3, 2 had recaro's and speedlines, other was no recaros but had speedlines, cup chassis and cup spoiler in AG.