ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Antoroll barS - goosed!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
antiroll ** Lowerd the front end of my car today only to find that BOTH of my anti roll bars had come of! :dead:

I didnt notice before as the car was high up, now the car is low the drivers side anti roll bar is grinding on the alloy on full lock so...

obviously parked the car up engine of... bollox renault is now shut for the weekend.

So i can't get it sorted till monday. What exactly do i need fro renault and how much will it cost me?

James

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
No idea but if it makes ya feel any better my alloys have started rubbing on some unknown object in the wheelarch!

MK2 PH1 1.2
i had this problem, but only one of mine came off. renault quoted me something stupid like £60 for it. i had a mate of mine who works for skoda sort it for me along with a few other things, but as far as i know u'll only need a new bolt put in mate.

in the mean time, try avoiding full lock and speedbumps lol

fiesta 1.25
i had this problem, but only one of mine came off. renault quoted me something stupid like £60 for it. i had a mate of mine who works for skoda sort it for me along with a few other things, but as far as i know u'll only need a new bolt put in mate.

in the mean time, try avoiding full lock and speedbumps lol

Na i got one and remeber they were prety cheap £5-20 id say

Lots of Alfas
Its probably the anti roll bar links that bolt to the lower suspension arm. A lot of Clios had a problem where the bolts were too week and break. Renault and motor factors sell a new kit compromising of nut, bolt and rubber washer if fitted. I maybe able to get part number. Is the end of the bar loose from the suspension arm (wishbone) on both sides??

Yozza'd Titanium 182
lol both anti roll bars are completely disconected from were there ment to be bolted on, all thats left is abit of corroded rubber.

Im pretty sure i just need two new bolts with rubber
Cant i get them from halfords

BMW M135i
You want two new antiroll bar droplinks, renault or a factors they're a specific part. The old ones can be a pig to get out too as the bolt will be well stuck to the rubber.

Lots of Alfas
As above, it depends where they have broken to how hard it is to get them off. Best get it done as basically the roll bar is not serving its purpose of preventing the car from rolling!! Handling will also be effected.

I've had this, part was something like £6 or so, needed to take a hack saw to the old one to get it off properly, new one I compressed into place with a G-clamp and a bit of help from gravity.