ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti Flash Number Plates

E39 530i
Does anyone know where I can get some of these from. You all know the one's Speed Camera falshes and all they get back is a nice white plate :rasp:

E39 530i
Yeah for sure.

My friend has some on his Evo 6 but he cant find the number of the place anymore.

They have saved him a few times as well.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
you can buy the spray and spray them yourself, search about, seen it on ebay before i think

Ziel Nurburgring
Its a load of w**k, they just turn the photo to negative and they can read it. Its a waste of money, your better off getting something like trafcam on a PDA or Symbian or tom tom if you going to arse about on roads you dont know.

E39 530i
Got the Sat Nav stuff but mine doesn't have speed camera, Got it on my p910 thats why. You can just say if you get stop that you got the car like that and it has pasted all it other MOT's with it on. You have to play like you know NOTHING about it. end of........innit

Red Clio 197 F1
As blink 172 said, Unless you don't have a registration then nothing works!

Get a road angel or just look out for the fcuk off big yellow post!!

Dirty E91
So they only work on gatsos then? Not gonna save you when it comes to SPECS and the like.

Thought that these plates were illegal to sell?

you can download speedcamera and redlight camera add on for tomtom, i've got it on mine. as for the number plates, not worth the hassle, just get a speedcamera detector thing.

I saw someone who had done this on tv the other day, streetcrime uk or something. The police were behind him, and his plates didnt show up (either under the headlights or on the camera they were using, not sure). They pulled the guy over and he got a hefty fine if I remember right.

Mégane RS
i heard that too but try explaining that one to the police, illegal springs to mind for this topic

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yeah why don't you just slow down chap...and then do track days to satisfy your need for speed....its not worth it on the roads...and i'm not saying that for your sake...

williams 2 turbo
as posted before, all they have to do is check the negative, and hey presto, your buggered, speeding fine as well as a fine for trying to disguse your plates, well worth it!

Although only the original photo is valid as evidence in court, so if they can't see it on an un-enhanced photo with just their eyes... :evil:

I know some one that was pulled for having that spray stuff because the lights of the police car was making the plate look blank so dont think it is a good idea

'18 Megane dci
A friend of mine had there rear plates 1 digit different than the front, who'd have thought that would work eh! (he had the car for 6 years too).

tut tut

I have heard of that - something like you blame it on some monkey at halfrauds from years ago and you just never noticed! Bit more tricky now though as the new font is standard and you'd have to find some old font plates so that it looked older...

My brother said that a girl he knows just bought some plates that said what she wanted (literally just bought K15S KA plates from a shop even though it wasn't her actual number plate lol) and stuck them on and had them on for months, maybe even years!

Dodgy plates are trickier now though as Automatic Number Plate Recognition checks are more common place... :S

You do realise that not having a number plate is only £30 and no points, rather than £1000+ for dodgy plates? ;)

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Snap off half ur plate, if u ever get pulled, just say u went to the saffari park and the monkies had away with them.... I'm sure that was on traffic cops...cant remember if it worked; lol.

-Akira

Phase One 172
anyone know how much i'll get fined if i get pulled with a silver on black pressed aluminium type plate thingy. old school stylee. want a set for my mini (1987)...

Ad

MK2 FRS
Cappy said:
anyone know how much i'll get fined if i get pulled with a silver on black pressed aluminium type plate thingy. old school stylee. want a set for my mini (1987)...
£30 note i reckon and a VRF

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Am I right in thinking speed cameras use standard celluloid-film cameras?

Surely; if u get flashed, you can just hire a transit van, go there at 3am, and reverse into it at 15mph? LoL... ok...a bit extreeme.

-Akira

Mégane RS
or if everyone in the country sticks a big black plastic bag over every one they see problem solved

172 gone :( 197 now :)
I was told by the police that my plates were like this! He proceeded to flash his headlights at the rear of my car saying look, but i could still read them so perhaps he needed his eyes testing!

These flash back plates or whatever they called are not illegal though?

At the end of the day they were on there when you bought it anyway! ;)

Akira2506 said:
Am I right in thinking speed cameras use standard celluloid-film cameras?

Surely; if u get flashed, you can just hire a transit van, go there at 3am, and reverse into it at 15mph? LoL... ok...a bit extreeme.

-Akira
I hate to ruin the fun, but I believe the posts were designed to withstand being hit by a sierra at like 30-40 mph, so you're going to have to risk damage to yourself to knock it over! lol

Mégane RS
ive seen a few that have been knoched over, the funniest thing is driving round them when ther in the middle of the road lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You can remove them with a rangerover and chain ;)

As for plates there is only 1 type that work. Super Specterguard Plate Covers are the only solution of its kind that I know of, and far more effective than spray-on solutions. Illegal in several US states and most of Europe, this blocks plate numbers at angles more than 15 degrees off-axis. Very effective against cameras.

The Super Specterguard viewed off-axis. Note 50% blockage of plate numbers
Specterguard.jpg