ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Toy at work.. Lotus content... (Now finished)

Re: Another Toy at work.. Lotus content...

PMSL!

Oh the coincidence... we have a Focus ST (orange) In the paintshop rectifying 2 smart repairs. The front bumper and the 1/4 panel.

It's now costing £700+

That's not a good way to save money. The front bumper is yellow/red/orange covered in s**t and dry as a stick!

The quarter panel just looks like someone has repainted an oval in the middle of the quarter panel with an aerosol can.

FLOL pics?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I did take a couple I'll need to see how they look!

The front bumper had me in stiches!

Evo 5 RS

Oops! Wasn't there a manufacturing fault with the ST Orange originally? Used to peal like a ****

Oops! Wasn't there a manufacturing fault with the ST Orange originally? Used to peal like a ****

Like a orange?
2937254162.png

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's had 2 smart repairs mate. Laughable smart repairs.

I've never heard of that fault mate. Things like that do happen from time to time. You usually find it's from a dodgy batch of primer/paint from the factory so will only affect a few cars.

Evo 5 RS

It was something to do with the way they mixed the clear coat..used to peel on plastics! Years ago this was..

You get bad smart repairs and then really bad smart repairs...been there done that! Most of them being franchises you don't know who you're getting half the time either

I made the orange joke at the time to my mate but he wasn't impressed, as Ford said bumpers weren't covered under any form of warranty lol ;)

Last edited:
  DCi 100

If I could put the back end of the Exige S1 and the front of the Europa together I'd have one. But seeing as I can't I'll just preffer the S1 :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well guys what can I say. It's changed from imo an ugly poorly kept Europa S and has come out imo some of our bodyshops finest work.

Foils were fitted yesterday afternoon, it's crazy how much foils have moved forward through the years you really cannot see it at all, of course the colour helps but it really is a fantastic job so I thought I should update this thread with some finished pictures.

Eventually decided after a million colours to go for Electric Orange of the Focus ST but in Solvent (ease of use and lots of other advantages). I think he made a wise choice.

Very impressed. I wasn't sure that it would work, Orange and Black maybe played out a little too much since the Focus ST but my God this lotus looks like a sports car now... enjoy...

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks much better but he still needs to get some decent wheels for it.
Agreed, those Halford's badboys are a pet hate of mine on any car.

The final bill was around 3.5k. Bare in mind that the front end was pretty much done under insurance. As a full job without any insurance work i'd say you'd be looking at 5k for the amount of work involved.

Front Clamshell that was damaged was 2.6k from Lotus. 2x Headlights at £260 each and a few other bits and bobs. The insurance paid for them and we just ammended the private quote to include the doors back the way really.

Going by the coomments on his Lotus forum i'd say he just added some serious value to his car. Not a bad word said about it or the colour.

Astra Twintop
There's a pale blue one in the next office, looks really nice.

Previous car was a exige with R888's.

Even drove it in the snow!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nope he decided against Chrome Orange, can't remember why. If you had read the update you would see it's Electric Orange.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
That looks awesome!

I Wasnt much of a fan of the Europa but its strange how a colour can change a car.

Z4
Good job! It looks far better, I actually really like the St asbo orange in the metal! Not original, at all, but it suits the car well, opposed to most corsas etc

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
thats a million times better gally, was a state everytime i seen it so see how long it stays nice!

And i dont actually know who owns it i just always seen it at the gym u cheeky f**k ;)

BG182ff,explod Focus
White text with a pale blue background?

there you go pal, fixed it for you

easy mistake to make if you don't have a job where an appreciation of different colours and shades is importa..........oh wait :rasp:

the Lotus looks miles better now, major improvement over the original colour.

just needs some 2118's, silvervisions and trendlines now
BAAA, BAAAA, BAAAAA

Arctic Blue FF 182
Looks good Gally! Hopefully it might turn up at work in the future so I can see it in the flesh!haha

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
thats a million times better gally, was a state everytime i seen it so see how long it stays nice!

And i dont actually know who owns it i just always seen it at the gym u cheeky f**k ;)

Lols. He's a very nice bloke!

there you go pal, fixed it for you

easy mistake to make if you don't have a job where an appreciation of different colours and shades is importa..........oh wait :rasp:

the Lotus looks miles better now, major improvement over the original colour.

just needs some 2118's, silvervisions and trendlines now
BAAA, BAAAA, BAAAAA

I think you'll find once you hit submit it's a white background, the reply box is pale blue, the actual post itself has a white back gound.

But thanks for your input. :)

Looks good Gally! Hopefully it might turn up at work in the future so I can see it in the flesh!haha

Hopefully mate, hopefully it's still in good condition! It's off to London today for a wedding! Hmmm not the best idea!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The fat 45 profile tyres actually suit the whole look aswell. Although they are T1r's iirc.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Im impressed. It actually looks rather appealing now. When I worked at a Lotus dealer a few years back I PDI'd and prepped a Krypton Green one......ordered from new with Satin black wheels. It looked stunning but the customer obviously got cold feet as we had it back on SOR about a month later!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was wondering what happened you.

I thought you searched the internet every morning for "gally" + "paint". ;)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
no, only every other day tbh. have you painted a FHM models' car tho? no? lol

smart repairs>bodyshops etc

how many coats did you use for that electric orange do you know?