ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another special rs 200...

why would renault make the clio 5 door only? 5 door clios probably adds upto 5% of total sales. its a no brainer. its like maccy d's stopping selling big macs.

lol @ 5% of sales, more like 95%... just because you only see RS or pay attention to them for that matter it dont mean there are less 5 doors, go abroad and say that!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
lol @ 5% of sales, more like 95%... just because you only see RS or pay attention to them for that matter it dont mean there are less 5 doors, go abroad and say that!

yeah ok 95% of clios are 5 door. i dont know why anyone would get a car without at least 5. youre the best.

M135i and the shed
Unless other details are released it's just a cynical marketing exercise. Can you imagine the conversation between the RS engineers and the Renault marketing lot over the fitment of 18" wheels...................................bet that was interesting!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmm, less arch gap, but I bet it sits higher, and the 18's wont help the acceleration imo. Paint looks ace though :)

Its face is still ugly as sin though :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RUK said:
1. It cannot be jet-washed or car-washed.
2. We are checking with the factory on the polish situation...

Ooops

307732_10150337484402863_116825037862_7956800_1628773974_n.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
wtf u getting all roided up for lad? i was merely telling you that theres alot more 5doors than you think.

And i was just sarcastically saying youre wrong. the mention of all cliosports being 5 door is insane which was my original point.
5 door clios are a minority i dont care what anyone says.
There was no angryness intended just sarcasm. x- to lighten the comment. lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sorry to say- that looks as gash as the gheydini-

Been designed by YTS student who used to work for ripspeed-
the wheels are to big, STILL no front Splitter-, cant see a cup spoiler- ( can only see the pic above)

it is Pony tony as they say-

Should have stuck with speedlines-

The wheels look like those dodgy KEI wheels?

S

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
The only raider I'll ever knowledge by Renault is the 5 GT turbo and even that wasn't any different from a standard turbo, just dark blue paint (very nice colour though) blue wheels and blue flecks on the seats.

Renault where churning out the ltd editions back in the early nineties and there still doing it now, they'll never change.

Turbo LY R27
If it cant be jet washed or car washed they will get in a proper state in a few years!! Most people dont detail at all, dread to think how they could look after years of neglect!! I like it tho, spec sounds good, i'll say no to the wheels tho.

GTD, Lupo
Don't think all these special editions are new thing. I remember seeing a list of all the ph2 models and I'm sure there was close to 30 odd! Might be wrong but I will try find it.

As said already the wheels are too big and the picture is only a interpretation of what it will look like and I'm sure the arch gap will be bigger unless it's been lowered!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Silverstone edition is like a 355 in comparison!

I do understand the need to get rid of partsvand shells but seriously, i'd love to speak to someone in Renault marketing for just half an hour.

Pick his very small brain.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It should be called the sunshine bus because thats the only people that will buy it

S

Mini Cooper S sport
I like it! Needs a cup spoiler and splitter though. I don't mind the big wheels and I like the matt grey.

Wouldn't swap my car for it, but I like it. Bet the price will be staggering though.

An orange one
Lol at the 18" haters, we've had 18" r26 wheels on our White 200 since the day it was delivered, looks and handles great!

031.jpg

racing blue 200 cup
whats so wrong with a bucket and a sponge and a garden hose.i think it looks ace with matt finish.go and jetwash yourself.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
why would renault make the clio 5 door only? 5 door clios probably adds upto 5% of total sales. its a no brainer. its like maccy d's stopping selling big macs.

Family appeal! Ask them perhaps they are just following the lead from Ford with their new 5 door only Focus ST

AK

M240i
Yeah but the Clio doesn't rival the Focus. They should be matching/rivalling with the Fiesta.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Well the 182 is still ahead of the new fiesta ST shown at the Frankfurt Show with power on paper at least the new RS should hopefully be packing 225 to stay ahead in its class size (Fiesta, Corsa, Ibiza) but rumours have it they are down sizing the engine to 1.6 turbo or super charged affair but like I said just rumours!

350z, Subaru Legacy
Well the 182 is still ahead of the new fiesta ST shown at the Frankfurt Show with power on paper at least the new RS should hopefully be packing 225 to stay ahead in its class size (Fiesta, Corsa, Ibiza) but rumours have it they are down sizing the engine to 1.6 turbo or super charged affair but like I said just rumours!

Yeah it's a 1.6 turbo, will probably be easier to get gains from than N/A and no doubt expect a Mountune performance kit to come out for it available from factory, which I'd imagine will take it beyond RS200 power.

If it's good i might be interested as I loved my Zetec-S.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Taking the piss now with the amount of runs. Seems the only limited bit about these cars though is paint and stickers. Only limited run I think they've done properly is the Williams IMO

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Nahh, just a cup with fancy seats and suspension. Needs to have a bit more effort spent on it than that - more like the R26R.