ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another PMS shifter question!!!

2005 Silver 182
So I’ve just picked up a second hand PMS shifter. Got around to fitting it today and realised that the gearstick base seems to be pulled in meaning the washers can’t go between it and the bearing on the linkage.

I think I am correct in that that is where the washers should go!?

Any ideas on how to open the gearstick base up a bit (safely)?

Cheers

FE90C640-F6AA-450C-B0D5-D380D898ECDB.jpeg

perazzi

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I wonder if that was the previous owner's 'mod', in trying to stop the famous rattle...?

If you decide to try it without the washers, and there's no rattle / buzz, report back and I'll have mine off in 20 mins! :)

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Mine was also like this so didn't fit the washers.

Fifth sometimes crunches and reverse takes two hands to slam it in so something is up

Also it still buzzes with mine the way it is haha

2005 Silver 182
I’m hoping to get it set up tomoz. Fingers crossed it comes up okay! Only issue I’ve got with fitting without is that the linkage will rub the gearstick base sides and not contact the bearings meaning it won’t be smooth

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Mine is tight against the bearing without the washers, cant fit then unless you started bending the bracket and none supplied, i assumed they have been omitted on later shifters. Bolted it up without and had no issues.

2005 Silver 182
Very slight buzz. Pretty quite tbh but I’ve not owned one before so can’t comment as to wether it is a normal amount or less if you get me?