ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another MCS. The track day toy.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cheers for all the nice comments people :eek:

Little car, little person. Nice. ;)

lol. Cheers Tony. Seeing you reminds me actually, are you racing at Brands anytime soon? Would be nice to come & watch again!

Will look even better with the Aero bumper on the front.

I do agree, although im currently having a moment of indecisive/tightness. Its going to cost me circa £350 to spray the Aero (or GP) bumper and side skirts. On top of the £400 that they owe me at the moment, so £750 all in. Then i'd want a GP rear wing as well. But that's easily a set of buckets & a couple of track days
scratchchin.gif
But it would look epic ... FFS.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I just followed a R53 GP down the motorway. Well he started behind me but I was only pottering along. Looked very nice. Much better than they do it pictures!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I just followed a R53 GP down the motorway. Well he started behind me but I was only pottering along. Looked very nice. Much better than they do it pictures!

Yup, i thought that when i had mine. Hated the look of them in photos (even mine lol), but in real life all the daft colours seem to work very well together! Miss seeing this combo every morning :dapprove:

photo3_zpsfcbb4e7f.jpg

I do agree, although im currently having a moment of indecisive/tightness. Its going to cost me circa £350 to spray the Aero (or GP) bumper and side skirts. On top of the £400 that they owe me at the moment, so £750 all in. Then i'd want a GP rear wing as well. But that's easily a set of buckets & a couple of track days
scratchchin.gif
But it would look epic ... FFS.

Function over form, but it needs the Aero bumper.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From the front it looked mean. Yep, even the red mirrors look spot on. It was number 1732. Not your old one?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
No Dave, we didn't do it this year. Maybe next year. Hows the lovely Sarah?

Lovely Sarah is fine thanks Tony!!

She's missing watching the racing/doing track days as well though, so need to get something in the diary :D

Another piece of the mini jigsaw fitted today. Car feels like mine now, instead of Richard's lol :eek:

NoPlate_zps6e4563a3.jpg

Although Sarah and her mum calling it Rory wont help haha ...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it Dave, starting to look better! Hate that roof though and miss the GP! :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I think the white bits need to go, looks awesome though!

Yeah they do, although that's involves paying someone to do it, & service don't hold their money like assets do :dapprove:

So another weekend, another part fitted - 2 spoke steering wheel removed (will be killing it with fire later on in the week)
IMG_2499_zps9a69e774.jpg

3 spoke JCW fitted :star:
IMG_2500_zpsc643ab98.jpg

Had forgotten what a MASSIVE difference this wheel makes to the feel of the car, so much better :race:

That two spoke wheel with buttons isn't the most common of items. Don't it go too cheap.

The Works wheel looks great!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Couple more bits fitted - LG trimming handbrake/gear stick gators. Simple things, but i think they look much nicer :cool:

photo2_zps27a97c77.jpg

photo1_zps52b43d69.jpg

Also picked up an armrest with similar finish that will be fitted next weekend.

Messed about with the settings on the Meister R coilovers as well, just to try & remove some of the harshness over bumps:

Richs Settings:
4mm preload
Fr Dr 19
Fr Pa 19
R Dr 5
R Pa 5

Daves Settings:
4mm preload
Fr Dr 15
Fr Pa 15
R Dr 6
R Pa 6

Definitely an improvement in ride comfort, handling ill need to assess another time.

Going to leave the preload as it is - i like the ride height :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Good, another one.

More like a CS meet this one.

Yup, thats the main reason im doing it tbh! Much better social when a load of people go along!!

And with that in mind, i just booked it into 1320 Mini for some tinkering a week Monday:

1. Replace supercharger belt
2. Install new camchain tensioner
3. Fit Whiteline Rear ARB (have already)
4. Fit Hardrace RCA's (have already)
5. Dremel strut tops so i can adjust the camber on my top mounts

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The dash trims...Are they interchangeable? How do you fit and replace new items? Do they just snap into place?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Looks like a gayer, less red version of a sheddy Clio you used to own. :car:

Im very much looking forward to ragging the nuts off it at Donnington.:smirk:

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Finally read your thread!
Turns out I already have that steering wheel, didnt know it was 'desirable'.

I got poo pooed in another thread about the Militek exhaust looking dull - have you tried bringing the tips back to life? Or just not happening.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The dash trims...Are they interchangeable? How do you fit and replace new items? Do they just snap into place?

Yup, can change them to any colour etc. Early minis like mine are 5 pieces, later 3 (to help reduce the rattles).
I followed this guide to change everything: http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-interior-ice/153983-5-piece-dash-removal-diy.html

Looks like a gayer, less red version of a sheddy Clio you used to own. :car:

Im very much looking forward to ragging the nuts off it at Donnington.:smirk:

Ha ha. Think the Trophy was better condition tbh lol ... Donington will be great, just need to get my handling sorted after some tinkering over the weekend. Its a bit umm, wayward currently. Too much rear stiffness me thinks.

Finally read your thread!
Turns out I already have that steering wheel, didnt know it was 'desirable'.
I got poo pooed in another thread about the Militek exhaust looking dull - have you tried bringing the tips back to life? Or just not happening.

If you've already got the leather/alcantara steering wheel, happy days, thats £250 worth (2nd hand!). Exhaust cleaning? Think you must have me confused with someone who cares about such things lol. I havent cleaned either of my cars for 5 months.

Dave did you send a normal 3 spoke wheel to Royal? I want mine to look like yours!

Was going to, but the JCW popped up for sale so bought that instead. I have a spare facelift wheel you can have for £60 if you want something to send off to Jack?