ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another DCi 172 replica.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well what started out as an easy 15min job to prep for the mot ended with a bit of a mission.

Passenger side cable needed doing - drum was stuck so made a puller and got it off bit this meant new shoes needed.

As well as this the shoe clips were knackered and wheel bearing was also worn. Queue a new wheel bearing as well haha.

Got new parts and rebuilt it to be greeted to a drip from the brake cylinder. Wasn't happy as thought initially the rear damper was leaking haha.

So then another trip and a new cylinder fitted.

Unfortunately when doing the drivers side the cylinder was looking poor as well so everything is new lmao.

So list stands at - New brake cylinders, new shoes, wheel bearings, fitting kit, new fluid, drums overhauled.

Went through its mot today with only a couple of advisories.

DSC_6586_zpsoq0rliex.jpg

DSC_6587_zpsebnazvvw.jpg

DSC_6589_zpspd7imvg2.jpg

182 Cup & DCi 172
Everything was going smoothly until the EGR pipe disintegrated and fired off. Car was already going to a mates garage for an exhaust leak and decat so didn't even bother looking for the source of the extra noise.
On the drive to the garage the noise got worse - smoking more then lost (or what felt like) all brakes!

Limped car to garage, dumped it and waited for my mate to look over it as had jobs I wanted to get done on my 182 haha.

Unexpected call next day off my mate asking if I new the car had been on fire on the way to the garage, oops!

Turns out the egr corrugated pipe split and fired off - exhaust gas then melted the turbo inlet pipe which sucked into turbo and caught fire. This also melted the brake vac line which meant I lost brake assistance.

I sourced a replacement DCi 80 turbo so it was an upgrade to the 65 version I had on as standard, got a vac line and already had a spare inlet pipe so wasn't an expensive repair. Cat was emptied out and gearbox oil done while it was in so all good again now.

DSC_6715_zpsfpuhbufp.jpg

DSC_6716_zpsmpoifa4g.jpg

DSC_6717_zpswmv7y2o6.jpg

DSC_6718_zpst7ldasds.jpg

DSC_6719_zpstu7f9zwt.jpg

Some plank (in another Clio funny enough) then smashed the wing mirror when he forced his way through a gap where 2 cars wouldn't fit. He paid up on the spot so got a replacement glass in.

DSC_6738_zps0omex7ft.jpg

clio mk2 1.2 16v
Cheers - looks very similar!

Thanks - I have flame red front wings and sideskirts in the garage if your interested? I have broken a few clios over the years so have these left over.

hi buddy sorry to jump on someone elses post but do you still have the flame red wings and skirts for sale

damian

182 Cup & DCi 172
Will check as my cup is in the bodyshop and possibly one of the sideskirts has been used. Should know tomorrow

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well the usual sunroof leak started with a tiny drip so got straight on it and now has 2 thick layers of butyl tape round after cleaning it all down...
DSC_6824_zpsqud9vysy.jpg

DSC_6825_zpsp2jg0rli.jpg

Then it was bathtime as car was absolutely disgusting....

DSC_6889_zpsjafmjcsm.jpg

DSC_6890_zpslnppdrds.jpg

Pair of freshly cleaned Sport seats and also freshly cleaned seatbelts fitted so is a much nicer place to sit....

Also replaced boot solenoid and fitted a variable intermittent wiper stalk as well.

DSC_6912_zps4dalopbp.jpg

DSC_6914_zpsb1tqzott.jpg

Going to replace the wiper setup as starting to squeak, like to keep ontop of things

182 Cup & DCi 172
New winter wheels picked up - 15" speedline Vegas alloys.

They are rough so off for a refurb tomorrow....

DSC_6915_zps7z9vszuq.jpg

DSC_6916_zps9ezcvch0.jpg

DSC_6917_zpsph6jqbse.jpg

Got a set of Rainsports to go on

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Wow this looks decent. Where'd you grab the seats? I need a new front drivers. Has a rip in it. Would like new one.
Gj though.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Wow this looks decent. Where'd you grab the seats? I need a new front drivers. Has a rip in it. Would like new one.
Gj though.

Cheers, it's getting there.

Just got the seats off a lad breaking a 182 locally normally around £40-75 just for the fronts