ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Cruise Control issue...

1Berg2
Now I know that there's loads of these threads already, but I've had a good nose around and can't quite find the answer the I'm after.

I recently retrofitted cruise control to my car after seeing what other people had used to do so, so I've fitted the dash switch, cruise squid, clutch switch and steering wheel buttons, but the only thing I get on my display is 'SET---', and even when moving no speed is displayed. The green light and orange speed limited lights do work however.

The steering wheel buttons don't seem to do anything either.

Any suggestions/advice will be much appreciated!

Could this just be simply a plug which needs plugging in, or is it going to be slightly more complicated?

My cruise isn't retrofitted but have had the same problem (green & orange lights on but just Set ---. When I fitted a refurbished steering wheel it worked intermittently but would have to press the buttons hard and they were sometimes unresponsive, which points to a dodgy connection somewhere.

There are brake & clutch pedal sensors, have you checked those?