ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another battery thread...

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi there,

On 4 random occasions now, my 172 has refused to start. Turn the key and just a click and nothing, engine won't even turn over.
Strange because the lights and wipers still worked absolutely fine

Try a few times, maybe leave it a few mins, pump the throttle peddle (don't know if that makes a difference tbh) and it fires straight into life.

On this 4th occasion, the battery was clearly almost dead. As had the exact same issue but the lights were dim and the wipers barely moved. So I borrowed a battery re-charger, powered it up and then the clio started first time!

Could just be a knackered battery struggling in the cold weather maybe? Or something a bit more serious?

Any ideas?

How old is the battery? most likely its just an old batt, the cold weather doesnt help.

I've just swapped mine over, was struggling to start in the cold, 063 battery from carparts4less, starts great now.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
What’s there to love?
Decent question, thought that as I wrote it haha.
But in seriousness, I do believe it made a big difference when trying to start the car especially in colder weather. It was a project car and only got started every now and again, but only took about 0.299792458 seconds for it to fire up, even in the coldest weather.