ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another aftermarket steering wheel thread...

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Firstly I've had a search but can't quite find what I'm after so sorry if this has been covered before! After a trackday last week I've decided I need to get rid of the massive standard steering wheel, I drove a friend's Civic with a 330mm Momo which I thought was perfect size wise.
Being 6'5 and having the seat all the way back I'd also like the wheel a bit closer to me.
My question is does a non-dished wheel on a Momo boss sit any further out than the standard wheel?

You'll be needing a dished wheel mate, brings the wheel closer to you and feels infinity better over the standard gash set up. I use a OMP WRC wheel and its perfect for me at 350mm.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
If you wanted to get a flat wheel, you can buy steering wheel spacers to bring the wheel closer to you.

Or add a quick release, but stick with a decent brand and not a cheap eBay one.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's what I was trying to decide - dished vs flat with spacer

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
If you get a flat wheel with a spacer you can get adjustable spacers so can play around with his close/far away you want it.

Jon46

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I've just fitted a Momo hub/boss kit with a Personal Grinta wheel (flatish) and it feels about the same as an OEM wheel distance wise.

I can get the tape measure out tomorrow and compare if you like?

As a rough guide, from the steering wheel bolt (TX50) to the rim of the wheel is 100mm.