ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying exhaust/linkage rattle..

White R26/Stripped Valver
When Im driving and keeping in low revs everything is ok, but once I start getting into the 3-4k range,I get this weird rattling noise when selecting gear and I can feel it slightly in the gear stick. Also when I get into high revs and I let off the accelerator the rattle becomes really loud and continues till low revs, is it the exhaust? something to do with the gear linkage?

Any ideas guys?

182 inside
this is the common clio problem. time to replace your mid section of exhaust. the problem is called the 4k rattle. almost all clio's get it at some point unless you fit an aftermarket catback exhaust system.

White R26/Stripped Valver
Well I do have an aftermarket exhaust, but about a month ago I had to get a crack welded near flex pipe as it was blowing. It began about a couple weeks after this. Could it be something to do with that?

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
I'm Renault trained and if we get cars in with after-market exhausts, we do have a chuckle. Very often the welding is shoddy and the bends rediculous.

If you're going to buy after-market, lash out all you can...

It won't be gear linkage, check underneith yourself and when cold (so you don't burn your hands) hit the exhaust in various places to try and replicate the symptom.

Give it a go, get your hands dirty :)

Clio MK 4
welding the centre section which is blowing is only ever temporalily fixed. It will get worse after that so your best getting a new centre section