ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying clicking drivers door

172 SPORT PH2
Tried to fix this with some wd40, its completely unberable, every time I open the door its a awfull clicking dound ? Anyone else had this if so please share to fix this

And no the bolts don't need tightening and making sure its not comming off, I've checked it ? Help

clio 172 sport
had it on other car/vans in the past and it was the resistance bar that slows ur door when u open it and holds it half or fully open without it swinging.. about half way down ur door watch it when u open it and see

i know u said ur bolts are tight in original post but may help others as its the common cause on most vehicals

RS Clio Trophy
It means the higes are on the way out, my 106 GTI did it real bad then the hinge snapped, the trophy does it a little bit. french door hinges are all crap

It's A Reno
had it on other car/vans in the past and it was the resistance bar that slows ur door when u open it and holds it half or fully open without it swinging.. about half way down ur door watch it when u open it and see

i know u said ur bolts are tight in original post but may help others as its the common cause on most vehicals

+1. Dry lube ftw.

mine's always done this (driver's door only). i've not had a look at it but assume it's the check-strap

if the hinges were worn, you'd be able to rock the door up and down whilst it was open

Bumder With A Buffer
My passenger side window seems to do this when its up fully :S wind it down a smidgen and it stops.

I know its not related but its weird

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
My brothers 1.2 does this too, it's done around 80k miles now so I just assumed it was done to wear and tear. Imagine how many times the average car door gets opened and closed in it's life..

Ph 1 172
i had this on my last clio.... i found out that.... on the door there is 2 bolts that tighten something on the door. one of these had come loose and everytime you opened or closed the door the bar that the bolt screwed onto kept hitting part of the door. i know it dont make much sense but i can take some photos too show you where my problem was if you want

A well built VW
This happened in mine all it needed was the 2 nuts tightened on the locator bar - it sits in between the hinges inside the door shut

Old post I know but thought I'd put forward my opinion..

If its the horrible loud click noise it could be pin/bolt holding the checkstrap (bar that holds the door when you open it). Sometimes if they break people replace them with any random nut and bolt, and if you watch it as you open the door the bolt will move, and that is what is causing the horrid noise. Can go to Renault and get the pin shouldn't cost much atall.

The split pins are pennies and should sort the problem if you currently see movement there.

If its come away inside the door skin, then you have issues.