ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

animal willy engined clio

my clio has a stage 1 willy engine in and its quick, but its very raw, power delivery is brutal, lots of wheel spin and torque steer, i thought this was just how big BHP FWD cars are but i went in my mates Intergra Type R and it has slightly more power but its far less of a animal, grip when accelerating was much better (maybe due to peeky power delivery?) what can be done about this? the integra has an LSD and i know this isnt really a possibilty but is there anything else that can be done?

Skoda Fabia vRS

couldnt you get an aftermarket traction control thingy ?.....like people with NOS use ?

What tyres are you running? size etc? they might well have a bearing, you may well want to have a look at more grippy tyres (Eagle F1s / Toyos / Yokos)q

LSD-wise - Do Quaife not do an LSD that can fit the willy box? otherwise have a look at RaceLogic (http://www.racelogic.co.ukwww.racelogic.co.uk) their traction contrrol system will sort it out if nothing else will.

tyres are new goodyears in 195/50/15,

im not paying £,000s for a LSD because it not worth it on a car of this value,

i hate traction controll, the vauxhall sustems i have experienced are crap, too slow and your beter off learning gentle throttle controll

i guess i have answered the question my self

Quaife done do an LSD or ATB for the Clio......or 19 etc....only the Ren 30.

anyway, an ATB would help alot.....and really aint that expensive, and they could/would make you a jobbie.

Tracton problems can be down to extreem difs between offside/nearside camber, toe settings which make the car sketchy and unbalanced.

Then there is the torque delivery which is harsher than the ITRs powerband.

Duno though, my 172 aint wheelspining allover the place.

So Quaife would make you an ATB custom jobbie? Any ideas on how much this would cost, seeing as my box just gave up on me Im gonna get a Willy box and an ATB would be a nice addition.

Trophy

Lofty,

Racelogic TC systems are nothing like the Vauxhall ones that you have used, factory items are more geared for safety wheras the RL TC is designed to make you go quicker in all conditions, you get launch control and full throttle gear change!

Mat.

which is nothing more than a glorified rev limiter and ignition cut on the clutch!

Not really traction control!

not being funny but learn to drive it properly, get a feel for the car and how to feed in the power to get traction, your cars not making excessive power so should be ok, me mates got a calibra turbod nova which is a bit of a handful :) very very quick!!

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Its all about learning how to feed the power in again.

It took me about a day or so to get used to the extra power that stage 2 gave me. I wouldnt say it harsh though. Yes there is more tourqe steer but hey thats what you get when you have more power.

once you get used to it, youll be creaming you pants everytime you get behind the wheel. Your confidence will grow and you soon think nothing about ragging the arse off it !!

Ben mate the Race Logic TC systems are the b****cks, they dont work on ignition cut but use injector cut instead, they gotta be good as F1 teams use them or a derivative anyway.

and how exactly do these work and give a realtime benefit apart from launch control?

F1 traction control out the corners use a basic ignition contrl as if you cut off teh injector, there is lag from when teh sensors switch teh injectors back on till they reach the actual combustion chamber.