ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

angry

clio sport 182
duno if anyone remembers my thread about my clio engine completely failing but the update so far,renault birmingham have had the car being as it is under warrenty and within the last 6 days they have removed the bumper and wheels taken the intake off,how good is that,a mechanic that gets paid 88 quid an hour can do all that in 6 days,has anyone else had problems with renault being lame and having the worst custmoer services possible,they cant even justify using 6 whole days to do soooooo little work,i loved my car but this just makes me want to stay away from french

give renault uk a call and complain. They might be waiting for a new engine to arrive before they do any work though.

Try Renault UK see what they say to it.

On the plus side, you should have a nice Twingo or clio to be destroying...

clio sport 182
i have put in a complaint,they ent waiting for a new engine either,they dont even know what the problem is yet as they havent even touched the engine,and yes you are right i should have a twingo to be destroying but they havent and wont even give me a courtesy car,but i did make that complaint,hope it pushes things along

Sure I read somewhere that if your without a car for over a week they have to provide you with a courtesy car. Might be wrong though.

Lionel Richie
renault birmingham are "special" i took an engine out a 172 yesterday in 2hours!

why did the engine fail?

What a bunch of t***s :(

It sounds as if your car is sitting in the corner and getting seen to when they have a spare minute ;)

As for a courtesy car get on the phone :)

clio sport 182
yeah after 8 days they still dont know what the problem is as they still havent touched it,i made a complaint to the made customer services but has done no good,just getting bullshit left right and centre,how the hell can and engine take 10 hours to take of a 182,i know full well it takes 2-3 hours to remove,not happy what so ever and as for the courtesy car,still ent gona happen,the mechanics at birmingham i think are special monkeys shipped in from special places,but recently getting nuffin but bullshit from them,tellin me one thing and nuffin happenin,i seem to be doing the service womans job for her,what a joke,anyone would think that they are speakin french,fink i mite do the french fing and wav my white flag to em and tell em to keep the stinkin vehicle,nuffing but dramas since iv hand it

clio sport 182
just to let you boys and girls know,its been 2 weeks to day that renault have had my car and so far they have just started to take the engine out,what a complete and utter joke

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I would be well fucked off with that, warranty seems to mean f**k all 80% of the time, aint worth the paper its written on, oh & mechanics usally earn £10-15 an hour, the garage have the rest.. not as if they dont make enough money already :rolleyes:

clio sport 182
well i am well anoyed,i needed it to drive to germany in as im in the army but and to piss about gettin another car sorted,i dont need my clio at the moment but its besides the point,im gona tell em wat i think of em wen i collect it,GRRRRR

clio sport 182
this just in!after a whole 4 weeks of renault having my car they still havent got the engine out,they have now come to a conclusion that the warrenty isnt goin to cover it as they sed im a little over my service time,even tho they stamped the book up with the next service at 48k(there mistake was meant to be 45k)so i assumed i was still good for the service,they want me to pay 4.5k for a new engine,hahahahaha,im gona take em to court man,what do you guys fink

learning in corsa 1.3tb
Sorry but to all of you that are saying that these mechanics earn that much your so wrong..... Most of the Renault Qualified mechanics earn around £6 an hour. Not £88 and not £10-£15

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Most of the Renault Qualified mechanics earn around £6

Dont think so mate, my 16 old brothers works at home base & gets payed over £5 an hour who an earth would go through 3 years of college for £6 an hour?? i got 2 friends who are mechanics & ones on £11 & the others on £13, Think you may be getting mixed up with apprentice's as they do earn £6 an hour or less...

The service interval is at 48 isnt it? I'd kick off saying even if its not a warranty thing they should sort it as they've taken so long before even getting anywhere. Did you get a courtesy car? I'm pretty sure they HAVE to provide one after they've had your car 7 days.

AWT are in Birmingham now too? damn ;)

As said, just call Renault UK and 'politely' kick off the threaten them with death (politely still of course). It does seem odd it's taken that long, you'd think it would be a priority job as it sounds like one that will be a pain in the arse.

clio sport 182
they never supplied me with a courtesy car because one is never available apparently,and i have phoned renault to make the complaint but as usual it got fobbed off by the b**ch at renault birmingham lying to her,im probly just gona threaten them with goin to the papers and everything else as well about them basically lying about warrenty and there mistakes causing me money and the fact that they are filfy liars,if worst comes to worst im gona have to buy an engine myself,any ideas where from ppl,cheers

Focus RS mk1
calling all the techs monkeys is a little harsh, its probably the service manager or workshop controller you want to be calling things the techs can only work on the car if they are told to if service manager or workshop controller says leave it then they will. Could be worse k-tec could be doing it!!

Clio 172 Cup
calling all the techs monkeys is a little harsh, its probably the service manager or workshop controller you want to be calling things the techs can only work on the car if they are told to if service manager or workshop controller says leave it then they will. Could be worse k-tec could be doing it!!

lol, whats wrong with k-tec?

Mk1 Maxim Sport
I know how u feel about renault mate, i kicked off big style at my local renault a few weeks ago when it took them 4 days to decide that my decoder box was broke (i told them when i took the car). 2 cut a long story short i nearly cracked the fat woman in the face but verbally went mental and theyv banned me from going in there again lmao.

clio sport 182
right finally some news,being as my dad is now dealing with the case as im away he has had renault on the phone today and they admit that have messed up with the service stamps etc and are now doing the £4.5k work for nuffin,finally a lil luck gone my way

54 astravan 1.7tdci
thats crap,think you should be in for some compo.theres no way you should be left hanging waiting for your car,it's a disgrace.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
It is, but just be thankful your not having to spend 4k+, i'm usally the worst at complaining lol but they could turn round & say f**k off we now relise we didnt f**k up your log book, 4k pls!... although may be worth a shot once the cars back in your hands ;)

Renault Sport Clio 172
Hmmmm interesting, I won't be going there for a service! If I did I may get my car back near Christmas! When I had an engine change on my old valver, it only took them 6 days to source, remove and fit the engine complete and with a new clutch too! Saying that the cam belt went 3 months later which pissed me off!

clio sport 182
well after 3 and a half months of waiting my parents had the call today that my 182 is finally ready to pick up from the garage,as soon as my dad picks it up its goings in for a service and my eibach sportlines are going on followed by my bmc cda cup spoiler and plenum onc polished with a colour coded engine cover,pitty my leg is in plaster and i wont be able to drive it for atleast another 6 weeks,ahhhh