ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AndyRg - Clio Cup

Trophy Turbo :)
Well the time had to come to sell the 20vt Clio as my wife needed some money for maternity leave and me being the "model" husband i sold the car to help her have longer with the Children :)

It was always my intention to buy another CS. for around the £2k mark eaving the rest for the wife.

I decided it was 182 or a 172 Cup, having had several Phase 1 and a few Phase 2 Clios.

I looked for a week or so and i narrowed it to two cars.
I ended up buying this

I have to say this is one of the most fun clios i have owned already it handles SOOO well and feels like new still. Wilkyway certainly agrees :)

Obviously i will do a few little bits to make it my own, and i dare say that even tho i am a boost junkie that this cars not getting a turbo! its just epic already!!

massive credit to chris who has kept the paint work spotless!!!

ervice History 6 stamps
Cambelt and dephaser done in January 2012 by Birchdown Auto Services
Last Service in August 2012 included Oil and filter change, gearbox oil change, coolant change, brake fluid change. Done by Diamond Motors

4 very good tyres
-2 Toyo T1Rs on the back
-2 Almost new Continental ContiSport Contact 3s on the front

Comes withs 2 keys, the original wallets and accident management pack, a folder full of receipts dating back when the car was registered in 2003

Modifications
Ktec Coilovers (original cup suspension included)
DS2500 brake pads
Brembo HC brake discs
Goodridge braided brake lines
Longlife Stainless Exhaust
Pioneer Bluetooth headunit

IMG_0414.jpg

Fiesta ST
Hope you enjoy it mate, I would love to see you turbo it !!! (even though you said you won't)

​let me know how you get on at Bedford

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, I can beat you now lol

Looks very nice mate, secind the wheel colour though (I like them in silver on that colour)

Trophy Turbo :)
What a eventful weekend.

First track day in the cup it went ok. Apart from developing a misfire and rev limit at 6000 then it got worse to 5000 lucky for us it was the end of the day so we just chatted.

On the way back we developed a clunk that got worse and worse. Turns out both front wheels were loose!!!! Awsome.hey!!! Always check wheels if.you dont know the car.

The issue was the crank sensor and plug some one has.broken off the clip. Ive sorted it with a small.cable.tie untill i get one tomorrow

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looks tidy Andy!

If the wheels have been powder coated on the mounting face they need checked after every session as I found out. I now just check mine every session out of habit and good practice.

​Whats the plans then?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks a nice little motor mate, shame you didn't get more track time on Friday. Nice to meet you on Friday.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Looks a great example mate cant wait for updates.. What does the brake compen do? Is that like whats on the Turbo?