ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android > iOS

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi my mum might be having my iPhone 6 when I upgrade to the iPhone X this month... at the moment she has a Moto G (which is dying big time)

She's apprehensive about a couple of things that she relies on heavily, namely using the Google Assistant straight from the home screen, and the Google news feed being just a left swipe away. Do you know if there's anything similar on iOS? Is there a Google Assistant app? Thinking that might work in the same way, just being one extra click... as for the news feed I don't know. There are widgets for iOS but they're not very good. Is there a Google one or something similar/better? She's mainly after celebrity news etc. as buys this weird thing called a 'newspaper' for proper news :laughing:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
There's a Google Assistant app you can use. Can set it up as a widget so you'll only have to swipe to access it. Won't replace Siri completely which is unfortunate.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yes Siri is f**king awful. I want to download as much stuff as I can to help the transition before handing it over as she's not all that good with technology really, so I'll get the Assistant app and have a look :)