ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android and storage...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi my mum got her first smartphone this year, a Moto G. It got filled up pretty quickly so I bought her an SD card... however she got a message on her phone the other day showing that it had completely filled up the phone and hadn't touched the card yet.

How do I direct everything to save on to the card? Also, when trying to change things over to the card, it seems that only certain apps will move, and you have to do each one, one by one... which takes forever! Skype for instance took almost 10 minutes despite only being about 150Mb. Any ideas to make this quicker?

I've never owned an Android phone so it's all new to me!

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Settings in the camera will let you save to the card.

What 'stuff' is filling the phone up - Is it media or apps? If it is media, then quickest way to move stuff would be to plug it into a computer and go through the file manager. As for moving apps, I think you just have to do them 1 by 1, only some apps can be moved (not sure what the criteria is though).
Something else to try, go into Settings > Storage and USB > Internal Storage. This will list out what storage various things are using up, including Cache. Tap the Cached Data and it will let you clear it, this will speed up the phone a little.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yup I cleared out a load of cache and stuff the other day... and now Google Maps isn't working :astonished: it loads... and you can explore local things, but you can't actually search for a location!

Anyway good shout with the file manager, I'll have a look at that. So the SD card will just show as another drive?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Also... where are the camera settings!?

Go into camera, no where to find settings.
Go into settings, nothing about the camera.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Go onto camera and swipe from the left side of the screen, it will open a arc bit with all the settings on