ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Power Cable

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi,

So at the weekend i attempted setting up my amp/sub and stereo. Got mys tereo in fine.. however I couldnt get my power cable through to the engine compartment.

I had an idea and wanted to know if, anyone ahs tried this.. or if it is ok to do it this way..

Break out the power cable through the boot and run it under the car and up into the engine compartment?

Thanks

Reg

It goes through the grommet in the bulk head (where a big bunch of wires are)

Start at the engine end first & work to the back of the car. Once it's in th eboot then tidy up.

180.5 bhp 172
Where the bonnet release is on the passenger side, follow the cable, and it'll come to a gromit. Pop a little hole in that grommit, and it comes out in the engine compartment.

Job done :cool:

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i have done it by dropping it down threw from the battery and under the car then up threw the floor under the passengers seat,tidy job me thinks as theres space in the clips underneath for the extra cable,
fitting a wiring kit is so sh*t cos takes ages,removal only 2 mins:D

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
heres the gromit

engine bay:
DSC01656.jpg

footwell:
DSC01655.jpg

Its fooking tight so your best bet is to tape it too a screw driver and push it through with that. I tried the washing line method but that didnt work.

Clio Sport 172 02
Yeah.. i had read the "how to" on getting it through the gromit.. i jsut couldnt get it through as its a fairly THICK power cable... so i figured go under the car cant be a problem..

^ work with it, even if you have to cut the gromet & then tape it up do that (yeah it's a bit bodge) don't run it under the car.

Clio Sport 172 02
Bah i guess im gonna get myself upside down again in the footwell trying to get this sob through the grommet.

I knew this would be a royal pain in the arse...

WTB manufacture fitted spare holes :D

WIll post up my progress ;)

Get a short stanley screwdriver and tape the wire to it with electrical tape, really tight and it will work. I thought it would be impossible because the bonnet cable was so tight but I got it through in the end.

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
Was a nightmare indeed, managed get 8 gauge through, but also got a 4 gauge going through now and didnt even attempt feeding through the grommet!

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi all,

Just to update I did finally get the power cable through the grommet.

I got a wire coat hanger, pushed half of it through the grommet(making a enw hole) then taped the power cable to the end and pulled it through.

A little bit of vaseline goes a long way ;) to helping push it through :D

When feeding the cable down the side of the car i pulled off the casing down the side and now cant get it properly clipped back.. who designs these things lol! :mad:

Reg

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Exactly how i do it. Stab it with a sharp screw driver, coat hanger, tape the cable then vaseline it lol.

I done my mates clio the other day in about 20 minutes running all the cables for an amp.:rasp: