ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMP HELP

ive got 2 faulty amps both with different faults so here it goes,
1. the amp powers up but there is no output sound coming from the amp any ideas.

2. the amp powers up but the left channel isnt as loud as the right and then when i turn up the volume to say half way the amp shuts down and i have to turn my stereo off then back on for it to work but the left is still really low compared to the right. any ideas???

cheers
shaun

1. check the cabling do u have input going in, it aint in the input part of the stereo is it? theres two types of phono back there input and out. u want out.
2. balanceing off??
also amps (decent ones) have thermal shut offs so if its in a place it cant get air in properly or can get hot easily itll turn off. p.s. what is this amp doing?

Lionel Richie

Are your RCA leads and power cable on opposite sides of the car??? Try checking the Amp is earthed properly. As for the second one, it sounds like the amo is adjusted wrong. Turn all of the gains on the amp right down and start again. Dont know if this is helps

my rca leads and power run right next to eachother, they always have in every car ive had. never once had any problem with it.

ive checked all the cabling and the grounds are all ok, the amp is running components in the front of my car and its in the boot. i think ill have to fiddle a bit more

shaun