ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp and Sub ’elp

Right boys and gals.... i wanna get an amp to run my 6x9s and my front components, as well as a sub. I dont have a fortune, around 100 quid. i quite like alpine so are these any good?

Also i need a sub... im clueless about these so any help is appreciated. again i would like apline if its any good? And i would like to keep the 6x9s so everyone whos gonna tell me to get rid, i dont wanna (theyre alpine too).

Ta, Dan.

Alpine are a good make mate - im not sure how far £100 will get you though!!

Is the £100 for both the sub and amp??

Im looking at kitting my car out wiht alpine, not the best thing to buy if you have a small budget, im kinda going mid range, want some 200w max 6.5" components - these alone are £120.

Think Alpine amps usually come in around £200, but not sure, aint checked prices for months

2 channel alpine amp ill prolly end up getting, might uprate the components, 50W rms seems abit low for all my mid and treble - 2 channel 2x225w max, mailto:2x110w@4ohm">2x110w@4ohm - £230

so what things do i have to look for in the amp and sub... Im guessing i need a 2 way amp to power the 6x9s and front comps? and what to look for in the sub? i have no knowledge at all. All i know is i like my music and would like to have the best sound reproduction.

[Edited by fUbAr on 18 May 2004 at 9:27pm]

carl, that alpine package looks good, but its only a 1 way amp!!? is this ok? and what about the watts output!?

If you want to run the comps and 6x9s off 1 amp then it will realistically need to be a 4 channel. ie 1 channel for each speaker.

Then as regards to the sub, a monoblack would be ideal or maybe a cheap secondhand 2 channel amp bridged together for the sub.

I think you could also get away with a 5/6channel amp, again 1 for each speaker and 1 or 2 bridged for the sub.

Hope this helps

Phil

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

ive got an alpine amp if ya want it for £50 its only been used for 3wks its a MRP-T220 mint mate i needed more power lol pm me if ya interested these retail at around £80-£100ish