ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

American netflix in uk

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've seen online that you can get the American netflix on your xbox and other devices by changing the ip address or something.

I've got the UK version in my Toshiba TV. Does anyone know how I could get the American version?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Much easier to do on a computer, I use an extension in Firefox. Not sure how you would do it on a smart TV though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Can you stream to your tv from a mobile device? I use hotspot shield on my iPhone/iPad then stream it to Apple TV. Was finding I had to change the Apple TV settings almost weekly so gave up.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've really got not idea. I tried changing the IP address on the TV to one off Google but it didn't change anything.
Pain in the arse because the UK version is proper s**t!

Yaris Hybrid
I used to use unblockus but found I had a fair bit of buffering as their DNS server was in the US I believe and Virgin were screwing with the traffic and I was getting low speeds. So I moved to Unotelly as they had a UK server and it works great.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Right I've got he netflix app on my mobile. Can I get the us version on here and watch it on my TV somehow?

I don't know much about this technology stuff

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't mind paying for it, I just don't know how to go about it. I can't change much on my TV other than the wireless info.

I've just tried using DNS that blockless provide and now when I try and open netflix it just says I can't access it at the time.

Wtf, getting annoyed at it now[emoji20]

Goliath I
I found the whole DNS changing a pain in the ass, as they way I was doing it you had to keeping changing the settings.

I use Hola extension on chrome, but that doesn't really help on any other platform.

I'd be quite interested too if there is an easy way to watch on other platforms as I prefer Netflix US and can watch the WWE Network.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you use unblockus they have a guide showing how to setup most devices in order to use the service.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If you use unblockus they have a guide showing how to setup most devices in order to use the service.
I did see that, it's got a list of devices but there's nothing for a Toshiba TV.

I had to revert back to a UK DNS to get it working again.

When I was looking last night at films, Never back down 2 and Pain and Gain were there. I went to watch them just now and they're 'unavailable'.

c***s!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I did see that, it's got a list of devices but there's nothing for a Toshiba TV.

I had to revert back to a UK DNS to get it working again.

When I was looking last night at films, Never back down 2 and Pain and Gain were there. I went to watch them just now and they're 'unavailable'.

c***s!

Do you have these settings on your TV? DNS values should be whichever service you are using.

Settings
Go to Network
Go to Network Setup
Go to Advanced Network Setup
Go to DNS Setup
Set Auto Setup to Off
Enter ********** as primary DNS and **********as secondary DNS
Exit the setup
Restart TV

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye I've changed the dns to an American one a few times, it changes but the netflix doesn't. Then I tried another and it wouldn't let me access netflix so I changed it back to a UK DNS and it's working now. UK version obviously

Citroen DS3 DSport
Aye I've changed the dns to an American one a few times, it changes but the netflix doesn't. Then I tried another and it wouldn't let me access netflix so I changed it back to a UK DNS and it's working now. UK version obviously

If you've signed up to unblockus and used their DNS settings then it should work. I switch between regions using the mobile site. Quick and easy.

When using the correct DNS you then need to tell it which region you want to watch. Select that and relaunch Netflix.

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
@LiamR172 sorry to jump on this thread but I have just tried the weeks free trial of unblock-us.com ..... so easy to setup its untrue on a mac. Literally within 5 minutes I was watching USA Netflix and I'm 50% computer r****d.

Cup In bits
Your right enough though, there is no guides on how to set up a toshiba although you can set up your wifi router so all devices going through it will work. Go to the "can't find your device" at the bottom of the guides page.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just done that now, and now I'm confused.

Where would I find the router administration page? Haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've done it on my phone. I've got the netflix app on it.

I've set it up correctly through unblockus.com. how do I know if netflix has changed, do I need to change anything on it at all?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've done it on my phone. I've got the netflix app on it.

I've set it up correctly through unblockus.com. how do I know if netflix has changed, do I need to change anything on it at all?

Nothing to change on Netflix, it'll automatically load whichever region you have selected via unblockus. Easy to tell it has changed region from the age ratings on the listings.

Always remember you need to choose a region to switch to on the unblockus website or web app. Changing the DNS does not automatically switch your region, it only places the correct settings for you to view the region you select.

Cup In bits
^^^^^ what that man said. It tells you your chosen region on the unblock-us.com homepage. Easy in comparison to other VPN tunnels i have tried and failed at in the past.

@sneeks if I change to Canada for argumnets sake... do i need to restart my device?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think I've just successfully changed something and managed to get the us netflix working on the TV.

Pain and gain wasn't on it earlier, but now I'm watching it.
I think it's worked. Somehow

Citroen DS3 DSport
^^^^^ what that man said. It tells you your chosen region on the unblock-us.com homepage. Easy in comparison to other VPN tunnels i have tried and failed at in the past.

@sneeks if I change to Canada for argumnets sake... do i need to restart my device?

Yes I usually need to exit the Netflix app and reopen it. On PS4 or Xbox I need to close the app fully before reloading it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If you use the web app to switch regions on a phone then make sure you are on the same wifi network at the time and you may need to update your IP address within the web app region selector page. If the IP address has changed while your phone has been on a mobile network then your Netflix service will probably give you a logon error when you try to access it. Select Update IP Address as shown to fix that error.

Ignore the DNS message on my screenshot, I've not configured the DNS on my iPhone as I don't use Netflix on there for anything other than UK region.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415486581.951698.jpg

Last edited:
  Impreza RB5 #054
Worked pretty easily for me, they have so much more content! Every single episode of Top gear for a start.

Anyway, as soon as started trying to stream it o we chromecast, it s**t itself and would play or load anything.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I emailed unblockus.com and they don't have anything tested for Toshiba yet.

I set it up on my mobile, then just used the same 2 DNS codes for on the TV and it worked.

Cup In bits
@sneeks
When you say "same wi-fi network" is that the same as you initially set it up on?

Personally I don't plan to use my iPhone or iPad to stream Netflix over a mobile network but I have set the VPN up tonight on my home wi-fi... if I go to the missus' house will I have to reset the VPN again to the same numbers I was given tonight.

Sorry if this is simple and as Liam says Thanks.

Citroen DS3 DSport
@sneeks
When you say "same wi-fi network" is that the same as you initially set it up on?

Personally I don't plan to use my iPhone or iPad to stream Netflix over a mobile network but I have set the VPN up tonight on my home wi-fi... if I go to the missus' house will I have to reset the VPN again to the same numbers I was given tonight.

Sorry if this is simple and as Liam says Thanks.

Yes connect to the same wifi network as the device you are using Netflix on.

At the missus' house you'd need to configure the DNS on the router or individual devices there. Then once you've connected to the wifi with your iPhone or iPad you'd need to Update the IP address on the web app to let unblockus know that you are using your account at that location and on that IP address. That assumes you are using your iPhone to select regions.

Cup In bits
Yes connect to the same wifi network as the device you are using Netflix on.

At the missus' house you'd need to configure the DNS on the router or individual devices there. Then once you've connected to the wifi with your iPhone or iPad you'd need to Update the IP address on the web app to let unblockus know that you are using your account at that location and on that IP address. That assumes you are using your iPhone to select regions.

I take my Mac over with me when I'm there so by what you have said I shouldn't need to change anything right? Maybe re-input the DNS code in my Mac that I was given tonight while on her wi-f? I don't plan to use Netflix on a mobile device (iPad & iPhone) while at her's or on any mobile network... I also don't have the app so won't be switching zones on that.

We share the same Netflix account so while I am at home watching the American side of Netflix, will she be able to watch the British side concurrently on her iPad? Its her's account after all so don't want to mess it up for her.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yes she can continue to watch Netflix on her iPad. Have you setup a separate Netflix Profile for each of you on her account?

You cannot share the unblockus account concurrently in two locations though so probably best to only use that on your own device. If she's only using UK Netflix then not a issue anyway as she doesn't need to use unblockus.

The DNS code will remain in your Mac so you'll not need to change that, simply refresh the IP address you are now connected via on the region select page of the unblockus website. Once that's done you're all set to view.

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
We're currently using the same profile as we like to keep tabs on where we're in a series while I'm away so we can be at the same point on my return and watch things together. Would you suggest making a profile for myself in her account?

Okay thanks, no plans to try my code in her devices (well maybe :wink:) but we planned to set up a separate unblockus account for her tomorrow so she can take advantage too. Can you see any problems in that? Cheers for all the help, I could work through all these query's but it would take me a lifetime and i'd loose patience otherwise.