ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon/Sony Bravia/Kodi Help

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

Got a couple of issues I'm trying to help my sister with.

Firstly she bought an Android Sony Bravia tv from Amazon in Feb and all has been well until last night when the tv powered up but just illuminated a black screen, nothing happens at all after that. You get no symbols for which Channel/Source it's on, nothing.

Anyone know if it's just knackered or if there's anything I can try to fix this?

Now as she bought it through Amazon we called them last night and they just offered a refund which is great but they got it through a lightning deal and I could not find anywhere that was remotely close to the price they got it for.
Should Amazon be sending someone to look at it or is just refunding the way they deal with things like this?

Secondly the tv is running Kodi internally I believe.
My brother in law bought the android version so he could do away with an extra box I think, he passed away a month ago so I cannot ask him the ins and outs of it all.

If they replace the tv is there anyway I can get back the exact same setup he had running? Does it require backing up anywhere? Passwords? I've never dealt with anything like this.

Cheers in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.