ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I the only one who doesn't realy care about cars?

There a means to an end just use then service them etc nothing more?

I've not spend money on my car beyond service stuff for well ages and I don't intend to or buy a new car etc just keep it running and spend money on other stuff.

Am I alone?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think anyone who does not care is a lier, clio or Bentley, hmmm

Lotus Elise 111R
You are not alone in the modifying sense, I am the same, have spent barely anything on modifying for years, just polishing etc !

However, I have a deep love of cars in general, enjoy other people modifying, as I have done it before and if done well can be appreciated. It is a money pit once you start modifying tho. I save the money and buy better cars !

P.s Means to an end ......NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On that you are alone !!!!!!

On a car enthusiasts website, you might be!

Hoping least one person will agree with me.

I just don't care if mine 600 or 6hp the cars the most bent or most straight it don't have any dents and goes and stops thats all I care about just rag it round and moan it costs me a fortune which in comparison it doesn't.

Maybe I'm just bored.

Jag Mondeo -Type
On a car enthusiasts website, you might be!

Hoping least one person will agree with me.

I just don't care if mine 600 or 6hp the cars the most bent or most straight it don't have any dents and goes and stops thats all I care about just rag it round and moan it costs me a fortune which in comparison it doesn't.

Maybe I'm just bored.

Does that feel better now?

and breath....

Yeah think you might have come to the wrong place dude!

Thing is, for someone who does'nt care you know alot of really usefull stuff :)

My mate is the same as you, he loves cars with a passion but he does not want to own a fast car at all.
Its not the type of car which bothers me if I had a twin turbo charger 18k red lined 197 road legal racer I'd still be just the same.

Thing is, for someone who does'nt care you know alot of really usefull stuff :)

I don't get out much what more can I say 20k in such a short ime speaks wonders.

M2 Competition
I go through phases. Sometimes i just want to get from a-b, and sometimes i want to go driving and have fun. Would probably be better with a weekend car tbh.

Breaking A 172 Replica
Edde, I think you should get a weekend car like a caterham or westfield.

You can fix everything yourself then and it would be a really dedicated driving machine, and you clearly enjoy driving...

So what are you saying? - you just don't care what your looks like as long as it runs ok?
Yep sort of the cars good handles Okish and for a different car/more performance looks etc I just don't want it. Just fed up realy.
Edde, I think you should get a weekend car like a caterham or westfield.

You can fix everything yourself then and it would be a really dedicated driving machine, and you clearly enjoy driving...

Have though about building a single seat road/race car for a bit just not sure I'd ever use it plus I've got a stupid idea about wanting a diesel instead of a sequenchial bike engined thing.

Plus I'd fed up fixing. Do it all eveyone else car for no gains. Plus might not have anyahere to store it plus costs money which I'm supposed to be saving for a house prefere to waste the money on holidays to the nurburgring etc.

Get a motorbike or stick a cossie turbo in a transit hehe.

Motorbikes a good idea not sure I'd fit on most except the quicker stuff and don't want that my licence is to valuable realy for them.

Cossie engines transit boring realy not that quick plus expensive Plus why do it realy I have no need.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on your side edde.

My only desire is to learn, and the Clio is a car in which i can continue to do that without spending a fortune.

It needs respect, or it'll bite, so it's teaching me a huge amount about balance, smoothness, lines etc...but do I really genuinely care about it?

Do I f***!!!

If I did, I wouldn't push it half as hard as I do on track or airfield.

If I did, I'd have had my alloys refurbished 80,000 miles ago when I first kerbed them on the first Kent breakfast run (they've now bubbled/flaked into a right mess).

If I did, I'd have hand washed it more than the 2 times I have in it's life - swirl marks are my life story LOL.

If I did, when the gearstick gaitor came away recently, I'd have asked Mike @ Rentech to source a replacement and make it look nice again instead of "Can you just rip the centre console out?"....which he did :approve:

I maintain it religiously, brakes, dampers, springs, tyres, bearings have all been replaced well before they're due. Since new I've halved the service interval to 6,000 as I want the engine to last and run sweetly.

But that's as far as my "love" for it goes.

It's only a car FFS - a replaceable piece of metal that loses/costs you money from the very second you acquire it, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm on your side edde.

It's only a car FFS - a replaceable piece of metal that loses/costs you money from the very second you acquire it, nothing more, nothing less.

I expected you to reply with something like that only thing is I think do do love mine cannot bear to sell it doens't mean I'll treat it right though.

My cars fixes itself when driven hard*.

* Ok maybe not technically correct but the last two faults on it have been fixed by more driving round the nurburgring and drivng over 4k for a few minutes.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on your side edde.

I expected you to reply with something like that only thing is I think do do love mine cannot bear to sell it doens't mean I'll treat it right though.

My cars fixes itself when driven hard*.

* Ok maybe not technically correct but the last two faults on it have been fixed by more driving round the nurburgring and drivng over 4k for a few minutes.

lmao :clown:

girls seem to just turn up the radio..... sits and waits to get slapped.

some people dont have much. For those who dont have 5 houses to their name i can see how their cars, somthing which is in their name, is treasured.

Firstly I don't own any house or infact anything realy.

I do treasure my car I like it I just have no wish to colour code/lower/big brakes/bodykit/clean it madly etc. I just want to use it end enjoy the world outside cars not spend my money on it. The amout of people on here who seem to spend all they have on them astounds me.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
yeah very true mate.. i never understood cleaning it twice per week, however i was once 18 and wished my dynamique had bodykit, lower, colour code, etc.

Guess peoples priorities are different at a young age. eg.

Living at home, dont pay rent and by lookin at the salary thread on here some are doing quite well. So not suprising money goes on their cars and not saving for a house deposit.

I've always loved cars but they were a means to an end. If it looked nice and went well it was okay as it was for the family not me. Now I can have a car for myself it has become important to me and I suppose I can lavish attention on it. When I was younger I had the modifying bug and wanted to stand out from the crowd. Once I had a family and a company car, cars were not so important, just practical.

By the way Edde, does having 20,000 odd posts suggest that you spend more time on the computer than in your car. lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm on your side edde.

I love mine, don't get me wrong and it will NEVER be sold, but if I put it into the armco in a big way , I'll go buy another...I mean, mine's probably worth £4K or less as is.

I love cars and love my car, its only got 61bhp but its cheap to run and gets me about, ive changed a few things on it making it look that little bit nicer but i dont have the money to waste on cars.

As you said Edde there a means to an end.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I enjoy my car in all aspects, I enjoy toying with bits and modifying it just as much as I enjoy drib it. Saying that though since I was little I have loved cars so when I got one I was over the moon. Being only 20 means I have no responsibilities really so I can spend as much money as I want to on my car however only for a short while longer, I cant live at home for ever. It sounds like you need a bike Edde, get down to a bike shop and find 1 you fit on. My friend is 6ft tall and 'tubby' and he fits on his bike perfectly fine so I doubt you need worry about that.

M2 Competition
Id love to have marks attitude to my car. As it gets older and i get more used to it, i think my fear of taking it further from standard will wear off, and more bits will get removed.

I love my car, its the first car since the Gt Turbo that I honestly actually want to drive for absolutely no reason lol just to sit in it!

Its just so fun, and tbh that is the main thing for me. I look at it and could easily go and go completely mental tuning it, and I will one day as I have no intention of ever selling her!

Lionel Richie
i own 3 clios (255, dynacup and a diesel) co own 1 (pink williams racer) and regularly drive a 5th (THE cup)

and out of all of them my favourite is a P-reg mk1 phs3 1.9 D that i paid £800 for, it leaks oil and has 2 knackered shocks, but does 450miles to a full tank (£35) and hasn't let me down AND its comfortable! i can drive it into curbs, scuff it against walls and posts, doesn't matter

thats the truth too!

In a way I can agree there Fred, I ran a 1.9RN H reg a couple of years ago, to ease the miles on my other car, and I loved driving that, so boingy, so s**t and so intensely slow but it went for ages on a tank, and it took the abuse all the time, oh the drive belt was hanging on by about 1 thread before it went.

Hold the personal best time from Langley to Newcastle lol! Drove the entire M1 with the pedal pushed into the bulkhead! Mega fun and the wobbly speedo was mint lol

I am the opposite. I'm passionate about cars almost as much as I'm passionate about great racks and a pretty face ;)

Less
I have gone from having an interest in cars, to now saving to buy a CS and make it my hobby. Its an expensive hobby that as a young person you cant fund. Need to be earning some before having a real interest that allows you to spend if you want.

There a means to an end just use then service them etc nothing more?

I've not spend money on my car beyond service stuff for well ages and I don't intend to or buy a new car etc just keep it running and spend money on other stuff.

Am I alone?

dude, you have 20'000+ posts and you're not interested in cars? pmsl