ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I Getting a good deal

Off to see my first 182 tomorrow.

have been looking for a while and have found the following at a dealer thats about 40 minutes away as follows:

Clio 182 54 plate, 61,000miles

metallic Silver with constrasting black leather and alcantara interior. MOT until November 2010 and with the most important full Renault Service history from new. Just had two new tyres. Has only covered 61,258 miles from new,
Standard equipment was high in these for such a small car and included: Climate Control, Xenon Lights, Traction Control (Essential in the snow), Electric Windows, On-Board Computer, Power Steering, CD Player, ABS.

It also has the fancy alloys, which I believes shows it has the Cup back.

please exscuse my ignorance, im new to the Clio scene and just want clarification.

I have been offered it at #4,995 but im hoping to get another #500 of it.

So peoples thoughts.

I pressume a few things i will need to check is that the belts have been changed and also the exhaust as from reading the forum these both need to be done around 50k miles.

Let me know thanks.

belts yes, exhaust, engine mounts also iirc...link?

cup pack = spoiler, splitter, suspension etc... not just wheels

DB.

BMW 440i
Any of the rear?

Has the splitter, anthracite cup wheels atleast from that pic.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, id never trust a dealer though.my mate traded a car in and it is now advertised as having full service history when it actualy didnt have full service history....doesnt mean theres anything wrong with it jus think dealers get away with sayin that to make it sound better even if it isnt true

Looks a tidy car and a nice price. Just make sure it's had it's major service done (cambelt, pulleys aux belt, etc) If it hasn't, factor in a 700 quid service for the price that you offer the trader.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i would say your getting a good deal at the advertised price if they do both the cambelt and aux belt, give it a full service and tax it.

make sure it does have full service history (once a year or 12,000 miles whatever comes FIRST!) loads of people think that just servicing it every 12k is all it needs so they go 4 years without services etc!

exhaust and engine mounts dont "need changed" at any miles, just make sure the exhaust isnt blowing from any of the welds and make sure their isnt any excess movement in the engine mounts, a test drive will show you this when you give it full throttle and/or let off the throttle from full throttle you will feel any excess movement or hear it knocking.

Leon Cupra 300
If its had no belts done don't let them do it, get money knocked off the car and get them done somewhere recommended on here.

Rb 182 ff
Dont buy that im hopefully going to look at it tomorow haha, any of you know if he have got another service book with all the stamps, any history about this car, thanks.

Bought the car on Saturday, put a deposit down and pick it up next week.

Managed to get him down to 4550 as it needs the service and belts doing in the next few weeks.

very happy with the car and cant wait to get it home.

None :(
Tidy! Sounds like ill be looking at the 4k - 4.5k for mine. Mines had the belts done tho, but no cup pack.

Make sure you do the belts ASAP if they need doing buddy!!

Enjoy it! :D

P.S i'd recommend being a member here, the best £10 u will ever spend ;)