ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator / power steering pump advice with pics

Clio 182
Hello
Power steering pump leaking so took a closer look. Found alternator sitting funny and bracket snapped and a bolt not fitting correctly.

Only just bought the car recently.

Can anyone advise which whole this alternator bolt should sit in top or bottom?

And any advice for changing the power steering pump?

Thanks all :)

Attachments

• 20171006_202608.jpg
    20171006_202608.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 20171006_210322.jpg
    20171006_210322.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 253
  Clio 182
neither, that's the tensioner!!

Oh I'll take another look tomorrow.. everything it touch has problems or issues:/ need to find were alternator bolts up and all looks to c**k with missing bolts and snapped bracket.
Cheers

Clio 182
bracket coming off the head towards the slam panel.
Cheers

That's the alternator bracket part that's snapped on mine like shown. Spotted it as the alternator has a bit of twist with the belt. Not sure if a little twist normal

The other bolt underneath as shown slots n but doesn't tighten no thread on the alternator holes and not long enough to have a bit on the end.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20171007_073850.jpg
    20171007_073850.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20171007_073900.jpg
    20171007_073900.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 80
  Clio 182
either wrong alternator or threadhas been stripped in it.
Okay cheers don't think its had thread stripped probably wrong alternator.

One more question, any different in 182 and cup alternator?

Thanks again for the help

dan's cast offs.
yup but i don't think they will fit each other properly though? the single mounting lug is in a different location.

Clio 182
So you have the correct 110 amp 182 alternator, but the thread is stripped for the long bolt, and the top mounting lug is broken.
In addition, you say the steering pump is leaking, and you appear to have a fractured steering pump hose.
What is your plan of action?View attachment 1339145

Yeah I need to try get the new pas pipe, they are expensive to buy so going to try get one made up. May swap the pas pump as well as it ran dry for a small period

I'll probably end up getting a new altenrator and belt and get it fitted.

Cheers for the guides and info.

dan's cast offs.
Hello
Power steering pump leaking so took a closer look. Found alternator sitting funny and bracket snapped and a bolt not fitting correctly.

Only just bought the car recently.

Can anyone advise which whole this alternator bolt should sit in top or bottom?

And any advice for changing the power steering pump?

Thanks all :)
Hi. You can check your car equipment for making right choice of car parts on web site shown on a photo
IMG_20170917_211330.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk