ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator Connector Issue

Titanium 182
I was driving back from filling my car up last night, and after starting the engine the 'stop' light and 'battery' came on. Knowing how temperamental these warning lights can sometimes be, I drove on. I dropped off my friend and turned the engine off, and after leaving it for a few minutes went to start it again but it wouldn't turn over. I tried the lights, they worked, but seemed dim (maybe a placebo), and the windows just about wound up and down, but very slowly.

I got a jump start and managed to drive it back to my home with the lights flickering then shutting off just before I pulled on to the driveway. The car now won't start at all, so I assumed straight away it's a battery or alternator problem. Went out there this morning to see if I could see anything obvious in the daylight, and straight away I found there was any disconnected wire where it should be connected to a ring piece behind the 13mm bolt, here:

image-2_zpsf4d34854.jpg

I'm assuming I'll need to crimp the wire on to a new ring piece, anybody know where you can get them from? Or am I best of bringing out a mechanic (car won't move, and I don't want to jump start and run it on the battery to the garage)?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-2_zpsf4d34854.jpeg
    image-2_zpsf4d34854.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 52
  clio 172 phs 1
Fairly common issue, any decent motor factors or auto electric shop will have a suitable terminal, just crimp it to the loom and ur sorted mate

Titanium 182
Should have updated this thread - I got a new metal ring and crimped it on, simple task but you've not got a lot of room in that engine bay to trim wires!

All working now anyway, thanks for your replies :)