ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternative oil

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Whilst ECP have half price oil in the Black Friday Sale, is it worth getting some non-Elf alternative for an interim change?

5 litres of Gulf 5w40 for £13 delivered.....

Views welcome :cool:

Whilst ECP have half price oil in the Black Friday Sale, is it worth getting some non-Elf alternative for an interim change?

5 litres of Gulf 5w40 for £13 delivered.....

Views welcome :cool:
Any 5w40 branded oil is good enough for the clio the elf is nothing special

monaco 172
As long as it's fully synth I'd use it at that price. Gutted I've just done a service with elf at double the cost lol

dan's cast offs.
Usually £25-30. Have a quick browse, the TripleQX stuff is mega cheap and actually quite decent stuff.

will of probably been around £13-15 then on friday special, might check tomorrow. had the petronas a few times when it's been on friday special, been a bargain.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
As said above think the shell helix is £25 for 5L pretty cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monaco 172
I only paid 30 quid for elf with genuine Renault filter and sump washer which I didn't think was too bad to be honest.

I know its Renault reccomended but is the elf evo even fully symthetic? Doesjt actually say on the tin.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I also got genuine oil/filter/sump washer for £30, but was just thinking of swapping the oil out for an early change. With my car on 100k+ miles I wondered if more frequent than recommended oil changes would be beneficial, particularly with the car being ragged on track. Or is this unnecessary & overly cautious?

I've read changing the filter isn't as important and actually works better with a bit of age to it (not ancient though 🙈).

I also got genuine oil/filter/sump washer for £30, but was just thinking of swapping the oil out for an early change. With my car on 100k+ miles I wondered if more frequent than recommended oil changes would be beneficial, particularly with the car being ragged on track. Or is this unnecessary & overly cautious?

I've read changing the filter isn't as important and actually works better with a bit of age to it (not ancient though 🙈).
In a way, the oil filters out smaller particles as the holes become blocked,the same applies for air filters.

Renault Clio 172
The gulf oil will probably be better than elf if its fully synthetic, the elf oil is not fully synthetic

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Might be worth trying your Renault dealers, my dealer sell's Motrio and Total very cheap. Last oil i bought was Total 5w40 Fully synthetic, 20L for £38!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone been using this oil?.ive been using it for a while from ECP.

Best oil to get from ECP is Gulf or Shell do you think?.

IMG_0091.PNG